Lucas Semi-Synthetic premix. (Anyone run it?)

I can find this oil pretty cheap locally and some racers use it.  Has anyone had any experience with this oil? Does it keep PV clean and such?  Just want to know if it's worth my time.  I couldn't find any good information online or these forums about it.

10110_2Cycle_800x950.jpg

Edited by brysonrs

Check to see who makes it. I've had an assumption that it's the same as yamalube.

Mix right and jet correctly and you won't have an issue.

I couldn't find anything other than Lucas oil on the msds, so I'm guessing nobody makes it for them Unlike yamalube that has Citgo make there's.

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1419628965.031641.jpg

Colton Haaker uses it. But pretty sure he gets paid to use it so...

He also gets his engine rebuilt quite often. So...

I couldn't find anything other than Lucas oil on the msds, so I'm guessing nobody makes it for them Unlike yamalube that has Citgo make there's.

He also gets his engine rebuilt quite often. So...

Ok I wasn't sure. It seems to have the very same look. I knew Citgo was the producer of Yamalube. I run Yamalube stuff, but if I could get the Lucas oil stuff I would run it. $28 a gallon.

Ok I wasn't sure. It seems to have the very same look. I knew Citgo was the producer of Yamalube. I run Yamalube stuff, but if I could get the Lucas oil stuff I would run it. $28 a gallon.

I would like to know if they make it themselves or if they bid it out. I'm leaning towards trying it out.

You can get a gallon of it on amazon for $28 with free shipping.

Was the piston still in spec? Any scratches in the cylinder? Also what kind of riding do you do?

Piston was well out of spec. Piston is also the original from 1998 so... Cylinder has NO scratches and still has factory cross hatching (Nikasil plated though). I am a 16 y/o boy. I abuse the shit out of this bike. The previous owner was also a 16 y/o but he was too &%$#@! to hit the powerband. Original owner was an old guy but from what I've heard he could hold his own on the track.

Piston was well out of spec. Piston is also the original from 1998 so... Cylinder has NO scratches and still has factory cross hatching (Nikasil plated though). I am a 16 y/o boy. I abuse the shit out of this bike. The previous owner was also a 16 y/o but he was too &%$#@! to hit the powerband. Original owner was an old guy but from what I've heard he could hold his own on the track.

Yeah it will get out of spec over time. I care more about that scratching. Thanks for the info. I should give it a try and save some dough.

Yeah it will get out of spec over time. I care more about that scratching. Thanks for the info. I should give it a try and save some dough.

Yeah I could hear the piston slapping back and forth :D I'm so lucky it didn't let go I will never let it get that far again. There were NO scratches at all... But I'm pretty sure scratches come from sucking sand, not so much oil.

Yeah I could hear the piston slapping back and forth :D I'm so lucky it didn't let go I will never let it get that far again. There were NO scratches at all... But I'm pretty sure scratches come from sucking sand, not so much oil.

Yeah usually from poor air filter maintenance or inadequate lubrication.

this will cause an uproar.......i run supertech premix from walmart.  $10 a gallon.  Its alittle stinky but burns clean.  I would go 25 hrs on a ring in my YZ144 with out any measurable wear.

UPROAR!!!!!! Really, as long as the oil meets manufacturer specifications, it is fine. There are guys on here that use the supertech diesel oil for gearbox oil. Still perfectly fine. I don't use supertech, mostly due to the fact that I'm afraid of wal-martians....and people of walmart...I usually buy a lot of oil when I can find it cheap. I currently have a lot of oil, just went on a buying spree. I picked up a gallon of motorex 2t oil for 17 bucks, had a quart of klotz supertechniplate (my favorite smell...) and just cleaned out my local dealership of belray H1R. Got 4 liters of that for 16 bucks. Since I mix @ 50:1, that should last me a while.

Edited by orangyktmthing

I have run lucas in all my bike now for several years. Burns clean at 45 to 1 with no issues. I just replaced a piston and rings in my 12 ktm 250xc. I wasted my money and time it looked perfect, sure racing  mostly offroad but we make one or two dune trips a year and put more use on the bikes in a weekend than 6 months of riding. Lucas has there own people to formulate oil, originally designed for snowmobiles with the ability to pour at low temperature. I have used it in  2- 300xc 1 250xc and a yz 139 all with no issues from oil and its priced fair. The gear box oil is better. 

• Like 1