Knee Brace fitting

Received a paid of knee braces for Christmas, I'm a little worried about the fitting. When my leg is straight there's a gap of about 1cm between the outside of my knee and the hinge. I've never worn knee braces before so I'm not really sure how they should feel/fit. They feel comfy but somewhat bulky.

Straight leg:

2zoi3yb.jpg

Slightly bent:

sfv68l.jpg

Fully bent:

1yqrh4.jpg

I've played round with them as best I can and adjusted the top cuff slightly however there's no real instruction booklet, I know it's going to be near impossible for someone to tell me how they fit but is there anything wrong with the gap between my knee and the  hinge/support whilst my leg is straight. I'm almost recovered from a meniscus/LCL injury so I have no issue sending them back if the fit isn't ideal.

Your probably not going to get a lot of replies to this because the Leatt C Frame is so new. What is your height/weight? What size knee braces do you have there? That sure doesn't look right with the straight leg...

My height is 173cm.

The size i have is "Small/Medium", the only other sizes they do are "Large/XL" and "XXL". The cuff is slightly adjusted but even on the smallest setting there's still that gap, when I measured up for the size it put me between sizes for the Small/Medium and Medium/XXL. Measuring was quite difficult though because it's a thigh measurement and if I measure 1cm higher/lower the correct size varies quite significantly. 

What I find worrying is that if I was going round a left turn with my left leg out and it snagged on a rut the outer support isn't touching my knee. Surely the shin and thigh support/straps isn't enough to keep my leg straight and there's enough room for a fair bit of horizontal that could cause damage. 

Edited by Wykes

My height is 173cm.

The size i have is "Small/Medium", the only other sizes they do are "Large/XL" and "XXL". The cuff is slightly adjusted but even on the smallest setting there's still that gap, when I measured up for the size it put me between sizes for the Small/Medium and Medium/XXL. Measuring was quite difficult though because it's a thigh measurement and if I measure 1cm higher/lower the correct size varies quite significantly.

What I find worrying is that if I was going round a left turn with my left leg out and it snagged on a rut the outer support isn't touching my knee. Surely the shin and thigh support/straps isn't enough to keep my leg straight and there's enough room for a fair bit of horizontal that could cause damage.

When you're standing up, are they snug & secure? This is a new design with 1 side open, but it should be snug with very little movement.

When you're standing up, are they snug & secure? This is a new design with 1 side open, but it should be snug with very little movement.

When my leg is straight the brace feels snug it's just the padding on the inside doesn't touch my knee until my knee is bent. I've tried adjusting the top cuff and the foam Velcro pieces. Either it's meant to fit like this and not make contact until my leg is bent or this brace, no matter what size will never fit.

If I adjust the cuff to the largest point it only makes the gap between my knee and the outer support even larger (straight leg) and I already have the smallest size. My legs are by no means small and using the measurements it actually puts me between the small medium and the large/XL.

When my leg is straight the brace feels snug it's just the padding on the inside doesn't touch my knee until my knee is bent. I've tried adjusting the top cuff and the foam Velcro pieces. Either it's meant to fit like this and not make contact until my leg is bent or this brace, no matter what size will never fit.

If I adjust the cuff to the largest point it only makes the gap between my knee and the outer support even larger (straight leg) and I already have the smallest size. My legs are by no means small and using the measurements it actually puts me between the small medium and the large/XL.

You need to get a hold of Leart then. Do not take them to the track, and wear them till you're confident that they fit right. You may need to return them for a different brace.

You need to get a hold of Leart then. Do not take them to the track, and wear them till you're confident that they fit right. You may need to return them for a different brace.

I've sent an email, pretty awkward finding contact details.

Received a paid of knee braces for Christmas, I'm a little worried about the fitting. When my leg is straight there's a gap of about 1cm between the outside of my knee and the hinge. I've never worn knee braces before so I'm not really sure how they should feel/fit. They feel comfy but somewhat bulky.

Straight leg:

2zoi3yb.jpg

Slightly bent:

sfv68l.jpg

Fully bent:

1yqrh4.jpg

I've played round with them as best I can and adjusted the top cuff slightly however there's no real instruction booklet, I know it's going to be near impossible for someone to tell me how they fit but is there anything wrong with the gap between my knee and the hinge/support whilst my leg is straight. I'm almost recovered from a meniscus/LCL injury so I have no issue sending them back if the fit isn't ideal.

My thought is that the Leatt would be like any other brace, except the inside is open. See my pics on how a full custom CTi brace fits. I've had off the shelf braces too, and their pretty close after you get them fit properly.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg