Got some Engine Q?

Hi all. Just been working on my 93 cr125 engine and got to the point of putting the water pump cover back on and seen that my bike has not got the SEPARATOR, WATER PUMP, Part number: 19222-KS6-700.

When I removed the cover there was also only 1 gasket installed but I have 2 in the gasket I have.

Is there any reason the plate would not be in there? Whats the plate do?

------------------------

Next any one know what the bolt under the front engine mount is for on the clutch / water pump side of engine. Looks the same as the other drain plugs on the engine. Is it for oil or coolent?

Thanks

And Merry Xmas to all. 🙂

Don't know about the plate but the other drain bolt you were talking about is for making your oil the correct level. When you fill it, I guess you're supposed to open that and let oil drain out of it until it stops, and that makes it the correct level. About 96% sure that's the correct use for it.

Don't know about the plate but the other drain bolt you were talking about is for making your oil the correct level. When you fill it, I guess you're supposed to open that and let oil drain out of it until it stops, and that makes it the correct level. About 96% sure that's the correct use for it.

yes, with bike upright fill until it starts to weep out the hole.

Ok. will have a look and see how much manual says.

Found another problem today with radiators. Man the radiators are doing my head in. 1st set of radiators I brought didn't mount to frame so sent them

back and got full refund. 2nd set mount to frame and I have just seen that the bottom pipe that goes to the water pump is so close to the engine the

pipe will be tight on it and rub/burn the radiator pipe. Went back and had a look at the photos I had of the 1st set of radiators I had and they have a

straight pipe on them so they would have been worse. Any one got photos of they radiator bottom pipe on the side that has the full cap.

Its like the pipe is not bent to the right angle or rotated. No idea. Have contacted seller also.

DSCN2977_zpsa0ca65c6.jpg

DSCN2978_zps0c555256.jpg

DSCN2980_zps9bd6f012.jpg

Thanks

Looks like you have some good problems.

That plate is necessarry for your water pump to function correctly.  It concentrates the coolant driven by the impeller into the outlet tube.

Without it, the coolant will not be pumped with the same velocity and not be as effective at cooling your engine - a bad combination for

a high revving tiddler.  You'll need the plate and a gasket on either side of it.

Are those the cheap chinese radiators you see on EBay?  if so, you're experiencing the usual fitment problems.  If this is an actual CR125

frame (not sure with the Blue), you can easily solve the radiator problem by getting a set of Honda radiators or maybe PWR if you need

something custom, they're down your way.

dogger

Hi thanks dogger for the very detailed info.

Going to order that plate today and have the 2 gaskets for it.

Yeah they are them ebay radiators. 1st set I brought from a company in NZ ad thinking they most likely got them from states also.

Blue frame is powder coated and was white stock frame when I brought the bike.

One option would be to get the pipe on the radiator cut off and new pipe welded on to fit right?

Edited by 93cr125

Photo of the 2 radiators side by side. The one on the left is the one that mounts to bike and has the pipe very close to the engine.

The radiator on the right is the one that would not bolt onto frame and you can see the pipe is straight on it so would have been worse.

The Radiator on the left is a Winner Racing product and the one on the right I have no idea on brand as it come in blank cardboard box, thinking it maybe GPI or another China ripoff model.

DSCN2984_zpscca4565b.jpg

Edited by 93cr125

Glad you got the waterpump figured out - always like easy fixes.

Yes, you can cut that inlet off and relocate it. You'll need to find a good welder because radiator bodies are

real thin Aluminum and tricky to weld.

Look forward to seeing the results.

dogger

Oh hell. Got reply from seller:

Dear valued customer,
Did the hose is too long?please cut some of them,did it ok?
Sincerely
jenny

-----------------

What I think they are trying to say is cut some off the pipe on the radiator? Don't see how that's going to help as its still going to be angled and pointing in sat direction. Plus will have less pipe to install clamp on. :banghead:  Don't buy china stuff.

Waiting for reply from Winner racing about the problem now.

Edited by 93cr125

Got reply from Winner racing.

Dear Mark,
We are very sorry about this issue.
As it is an aftermarket radiator kit, slight modification might be required when install, we appreciate your understanding.
Will you please bend the outlet with a stick or bigger pipe? and the outlet should be able to fit.
We can supply one year more warranty against the manufacturing defect, OK?
We'll supply a favorable price to you in case you need our products in the future.
Kind regards,

---------

Also got reply from seller.
Dear valued customer,
I'm very sorry for my late,I have seen the pictures you sent to me,our engineer said please bend the hose to the right
direction,the aluminum is very soft,we also bend it in the factory.so please bend it to the right place,it will can't damage.
Sincerely
jenny

Looks like I will be bending it tomorrow. Any one got any ideas if I should heat the pipe a little before bending it?

Edited by 93cr125

Got reply from Winner racing.

Dear Mark,
We are very sorry about this issue.
As it is an aftermarket radiator kit, slight modification might be required when install, we appreciate your understanding.
Will you please bend the outlet with a stick or bigger pipe? and the outlet should be able to fit.
We can supply one year more warranty against the manufacturing defect, OK?
We'll supply a favorable price to you in case you need our products in the future.
Kind regards,

---------

Also got reply from seller.
Dear valued customer,

I'm very sorry for my late,I have seen the pictures you sent to me,our engineer said please bend the hose to the right

direction,the aluminum is very soft,we also bend it in the factory.so please bend it to the right place,it will can't damage.

Sincerely

jenny

Looks like I will be bending it tomorrow. Any one got any ideas if I should heat the pipe a little before bending it?

bend it in small increments, should not need heat unless its cold, and you would not need too much. 

• 1 month later...

Got a question about the clutch cable.

Installed new clutch cable and have tried to get it to work but looks to long.

Model number on the cable is K28-5502L and is a PARTS UNLIMITED CLUTCH CABLE.

I have looked in service manual and done what it says in there and also adjusted both the inline adjustor

and perch to the max but lever is still very floppy and not in working the clutch. The clutch was working fine

and has not been apart in any way apart from replacing cable.

Also checked that the cable is sitting in the clutch lifter lever properly.

Can make a video if that will help.

Still havent been able to work out this problem.

Here is some photos.

This is with both adjustments on the lowest setting. See the cable is very loss.

DSCN3122_zpszsxgtoop.jpg

This is with the inline adjustor to the max and there is so a lot of movement in the cable.

DSCN3128_zpsgutedrfk.jpg

This is with both adjusted to the max and is still about 3mm's of movement at the end of the cable.

DSCN3130_zpszwfmcila.jpg

Engine end of the cable. This lever has about 8 to 10mm of free movement before it gets to hard to press with fingers. the spring works and flicks it back down.

DSCN3125_zpsdsgnyfg4.jpg

I'm not sure whats going on. Any ideas?