Trail Rider magazine 2015 Beta 390 test

'The bike was oversteering the corners (their expression....), we then raised the forks in the triple clamps to 6mm which made it turn much better' .

Anybody can be a bike journo these days.....

I didn't even read it yet but figured it couldn't be any worse than the dirtrider 15' 300 rr test... plus I haven't seen anything on the 390 yet.. I've been looking at some old magazines and dirtrider has dropped.. Only mxaction seems to be something I might learn from but it's for mx so it's still not addressing more enduro offroad..but at least I'm getting something better.. Are there any decent trail mags out there? Dirt bike ..idk.. ok I guess not as bad as dirtrider. As it is now I just get mxaction, dirtrider and dirtbike because those are the only games in town.. and I kind of salvage the best of all of them..Sometimes there are good stuff.. It's sort of like Saturday Night live.. alot of the skits suck bad but every now and then there's something real funny.. or some great music or performance.. but gotta sift through the crap first.

One good thing is this link is free. I don't think I've actually read this mag before.

I didn't need to pay for the mag although I like an actual magazine to read dirt bike stuff in..  Like I like to read an actual newspaper instead of strictly going online.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

'The bike was oversteering the corners (their expression....), we then raised the forks in the triple clamps to 6mm which made it turn much better' .

Actually, when I read it, I automatically thought he meant "raised triple clamps 6mm" ratherr than "rasied forks."  They need to proof their articles better.  For me, I need to learn how read word by word, oh well...

'The bike was oversteering the corners (their expression....), we then raised the forks in the triple clamps to 6mm which made it turn like shit!" .

I definitely got the sarcasm!

Fixed it for you! I screwed with raising my forks. Biggest mistake ever! Lets just say my Beta liked to knife and

tuck into the corners when the speeds increased.

file_zpse6e90bcb.jpg

Another free one is DBT, Jimmy Lewis's web venturehttp://dirtbiketest.com  I've always liked his writing.  

There are a few Beta reviews...YMMV.  Cheers, M.

dirt-112314-mantle.jpg

Cool! I've never seen this before. I just read part of the Beta 250rr test and it's an interesting read so far... Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From Enduro 360 -

2015 Beta 390 RR Long Term Visdeo Report -

"Few bikes we have had epitomize the “ride hard, put away wet” idea better than our Beta. With a unique feel and style, it continues to be a hit. Tecate Enduro, Extreme Enduro school, Baja desert, vet moto track, the  Beta has been just about everywhere with us."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0YXUe5qGLE

Edited by Magile
  • Like 3

From Enduro 360 -

2015 Beta 390 RR Long Term Visdeo Report -

"Few bikes we have had epitomize the “ride hard, put away wet” idea better than our Beta. With a unique feel and style, it continues to be a hit. Tecate Enduro, Extreme Enduro school, Baja desert, vet moto track, the  Beta has been just about everywhere with us."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0YXUe5qGLE

Oops.... yea that's the vid I was supposed to put up!! Thanks!!!

more 390 stuff.. didnt watch yet

Mistake I meant the one Magile got below..

This is a fun video. Do you know where this was filmed? At about 4:25, I like this turn on a tight switch back. Turn uphill to go down. I know gopros don't really show how steep stuff is but I can't imagine dropping the front tire off the trail. That looks freakin steep and a long way to the bottom.  

This is a fun video. Do you know where this was filmed? At about 4:25, I like this turn on a tight switch back. Turn uphill to go down. I know gopros don't really show how steep stuff is but I can't imagine dropping the front tire off the trail. That looks freakin steep and a long way to the bottom.  

Nice vid!! yea.. try going to his youtube channel.. you ought to find something there. I got it off here..

https://thumpertalk.com/topic/787908-post-videos-of-hard-technical-trails-here/