Custom Fit Boots ?

Hey everyone, happy holidays. 

Footwear has always been a problem to fit for me with a 14 EE, but I was able to squeeze my foot into a pair of Gaerne SG10's for the past few years.  Unfortunately, a recent foot injury has turned one of my feet into a 15 EEEE and now nearly impossible to fit.  I know custom fit cycling shoes are available, but I haven't been able to find anything on custom fit MX boots.  I'm sure I can make a plaster mold of my foot, I'm just hoping someone can help me find a place to get good MX boots fitted.  I know they're going to be expensive, but so is another surgery.  Thanks in advance.  Enjoy the new year.

• 2 weeks later...

Really?  No love for the freaks?  I know some pros have custom fit boots.  And what does Rik Smits do?  That dude makes a 450 look like a pit bike.  He's got to have a big foot.  Where does he get his boots?

At this point I think the only thing holding me back from riding again is getting a boot on my foot.  I'd challenge any of you to a freestyle contest if I could get back on my bike.......😏

• 3 months later...

FYI, I found a company in Italy who makes one off-road / MX style boot.  The Vendramini VX6-10 is available up to size 15, but can be custom fit based on a tracing of the foot and six different dimensions.  Colors can also be customized.  Cost is about $800 for off the shelf boots and about $1000 for full custom.  Subsequent full custom boots would be about $900, including any adjustments required due to changes in the foot.

I called Alpinestars and while they do not offer any custom fit options, I was happy to find out that they have a few different boots available up to size 15 and 16.  Tech 3 and Tech 7 are both available up to 16 and Tech 8 is available up to 15.  Tech 10 is only available up to 14 :(

I emailed Gaerne and Sidi, but neither responded  👎  👎  Looks like Gaerne is now my former sponsor.....