06 RMZ450 Issues?

I thought you already had an 06... ???

Skid plate thread, cam chain thread... etc.

Anyways... no common issues. The previous owner is the only thing you have to worry about.

No, sorry for any confusion... Those threads were to help me decide if it was worth getting into... I'm trading a guy straight up for my 05 RM250... I just want to make sure all of my bases are covered before I trade away my perfectly good 250.... I like to know exactly what I'm getting into before I make a decision.

If it were my decision I would hold off until I could get something newer. Anything 08+ would be worth it. Older and I wouldn't make the trade but that is just my .02. I would chose your 05 RM over an 05-07 450 any day of the week.

Yeah, i hear that, but i really want a 450 and everyone with newer bikes wants cash in addition which I just don't have right now. I talked to 2 guys with newer bikes (2008 & 2010) and both wanted an additional $1000 with the trade.....

I can't tell you what to do... it's just not a move that I would personally make. Look for the right buyer, be patient and you will get what you deserve for your bike. Late model RM's are very sought after and I think you are short changing yourself by trading your bike for an 05-07. If you must trade for a 450 right now, I would look for a different brand. 06-07 YZ would be my first choice. It is better than the 05-07 RMZ in just about every way. AGAIN, just my opinion.

I can't tell you what to do... it's just not a move that I would personally make. Look for the right buyer, be patient and you will get what you deserve for your bike. Late model RM's are very sought after and I think you are short changing yourself by trading your bike for an 05-07. If you must trade for a 450 right now, I would look for a different brand. 06-07 YZ would be my first choice. It is better than the 05-07 RMZ in just about every way. AGAIN, just my opinion.

Thanks I'll definitely consider that advice. I appreciate it.

Not challenging you but could you elaborate? I had a 09 YZ450F. Liked the suspension. All else was completely unremarkable. Have early year even four speed KX450 and RMZ450s on the radar when they're cheap enough. :busted:

Not challenging you but could you elaborate? I had a 09 YZ450F. Liked the suspension. All else was completely unremarkable. Have early year even four speed KX450 and RMZ450s on the radar when they're cheap enough. :busted:

Sure... the Yz suspension is hands down the best in that time frame and still arguably the best to date. The 06-09 Yz was just a great feeling bike. Didn't do anything "great" but more importantly it didn't do anything bad IMO. There were a few bugs but those were easily worked out with minor mods. I guess it depends a lot on the rider, riding environment, and skill set. I cannot stand the 4 speed tranny. It is "ok" on the track, but not very good for anything else. I had an 03 Yz450 with the 4 speed tranny and it did pretty well on the track, but the bike was tough to ride in the stick. Anything slow and it was virtually impossible to keep the thing from boiling and I really had to abuse the clutch. As I said before though... all personal opinion but my main reasoning is that his 05 RM (granted in good condition) is probably worth more than an 05-07 RMZ. In my area it would fetch quite a bit more than the going rate for a mint 05-07.

I just don't want the OP to make a decision he will regret. 

Edited by BDubb106