EXC Fun in Felipe Again

Hey all,

Plan is to bring my EXC down to San Felipe again this year (a little later than last year, :( ). I'm not sure if I'll be solo or with a group as my timing is dependent on when the oilfield goes tits up and slows right down. Could be next week, could be March. I'm hoping to at least get a couple solid weeks of riding in. I'll be mostly Norte, but I hope to get down and see Coco again and scratch my penguino name in his book one more time.

Areas of ride will be the amazing washes west of San Felipe, Lake Bed west to Trinidad and possibly Mike's/Coyote Cal's if I'm in a group. If not I'll trailer down to Gonzaga and burn up some tracks I have down there and bust a move out to Coco's.

I need some more of this... Been way too long and I'm suffering from PMS (parked moto syndrome).

IMG_0191_2_zpsee6f7d29.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, after some delays and then deciding to make the trip down after the race instead of before so I could avoid the madness around SF I'll be headed south within the next week or two. Anyone else heading down for some seat time?

Be there from 2/13-2/22.  Furthest south we are heading is Mulege.

• Like 1

Got some hard dates finally as the guys I'm linking up with from San Fran finally got their time off. We'll be crossing at Calexico on the 13th hopefully and be in SF for a few days doing some loops there. I have friends in SF and love that area! We'll probably venture further south and maybe even do a cross peninsula ride with a stop at Mike's. I think they only have 7-10 days to ride, but I have more than that so I'm open to link up further in the month!

• 3 weeks later...

Still here at Pete's Camp. The Cali guys that came with are loaded and taking off tomorrow... their bikes couldn't take Baja and I don't really think they could either. I'll be here till the weekend riding solo unless someone else wants to do some riding with me or there's a bunch I can hang with for a while. My EXC is hungry for more than the 500 miles I have in this week... 😉

I was sorely tempted to do a 5 and 3 to Cabo, but just not balsy enough to do it solo yet.

Cheers

^ the 1st rule of Fight Club.

Come'on Trackmaster, you know me better than that ;-). Lemme just say it's not even close to where some might think looking at the dirt and the lack of brush. It's also an area I've never noticed any evidence of bike tracks other than ours.

We've been putting in a "trail" (simple with the lack of brush in parts) for a few years and trying to make it longer (it's ~40min now) but we've been getting skunked at some really steep hills and mega cactus. When I have a bit of time and mousses front and rear we'll get more miles out of it and it'll be a great connector trail.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1424900104.103721.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1424900205.981541.jpg

• 2 weeks later...