YZ250F wins again

I feel that the KTM is close to the Yamaha. Honestly my opinion KTM and Yamaha have figured out something everyone els hasn't yet. The yamaha has always had amazing handling but lacked in motor. But this year they blew everyone out of the water with an impressive motor. Correct me if I'm wrong but I hear the yz250f is putting out stock 3 less HP than the yz250. That's a pretty amazing leap in my opinion if it's really true. KTM uses a steel frame still so it's gunna react a lot different than other bikes. Some people like it like my self and a one people don't enjoy the flex all that much. I personally love the older yamaha 250 because the steel frame. So when I throw a leg over a KTM i feel right at home. To me yamaha deserved the number 1 spot this year for sure. But KTM last... along with huskies (KTM with different plastics).. I do not agree with that.

• Like 2

I was a little bit underwhelmed by that shootout. I thought it lacked a lot of content. I am glad the Yam won though. I guess in general, it just seemed like the standard talk and nothing very in-depth. A few years ago DR shootouts were pages long and had a ton of input from different skill levels and different stats. I figured since the bikes were all mostly just mild updates for '15, they would've gone into more detail. Just my opinion. Either way, at this point everyone knows that the new YZs are great bikes to have.

I've ridden both.  The both have their pluses and minus.  I ride off road so my thoughts don't pertain to a mx track.  The reason I chose the yammi first and foremost is the motor.  The ktm is all top and so much harder to ride in the woods.  On grass tracks it is insane with it's top end but as an all-round motor it fails.  It's just to soft on bottom when you get into the rocks.  Handling wise...my preference is the Yamaha.  I just really like it's stability.  I also like the yz better and even after both are revalved it's hard to beat the yammi forks.  The ktm is to quick and nervous handling wise for my tastes.  The ktm breaks and clutch blow everything else away.  It's not the Yamaha's are bad but yea I'd take the ktm stuff on my Yamaha all day long.  They are both good bikes and I almost bought the ktm.  I think I've just been a Yamaha rider to long!

• Like 1