Music while riding .

Just curious if anyone had ever tried ridding with headphones in while riding the trails or racing a hare scramble . I have a wireless earbud set that somehow seem to stay in my ears while riding . I used them one time while riding the state forest for the navigation to get me around on the state roads to meet people .

I started to listen to music, but we were riding with a few people and were stoping a lot and when they talked I couldn't hear them and the phone was in the bag so I couldn't stop it or slower volume . But while I was riding I felt like I was in a groove , very relaxed .

Thinking about using them in a hare scramble next season. I'm not stoping for 2 hours so talking isn't an issue . Wonder if I would still be relaxed and do better or would I get annoyed of it .

Thoughts ??? Or has anyone tried it

Whether commuting to work or dirt biking on trails, I always listen to music.  

When dirt biking I only have one ear bud in so I can still hear the engine and talk to others more easily.

When commuting I have both ear buds in.    Riding is much better with music.

• 2 weeks later...

I love to listen to music when I ride trails. Finding a good set of ear buds is a challenge though. I'd like to see what you guys use that will stay put and be comfortable under a helmet?

I found a cool pair of bluetooth speakers that go behind your ear pads . Reviews say they stay secure . I think they were 39.99 at cycle gear

• 2 months later...

Check out uclear. They make an intercom system with speakers in the helmet that you can talk with your riding buddies or blue tooth to your music device. I LOVE having music! I can still hear the bike but it makes it more fun while eating miles of single track.

When I'm riding around with friends on the land or parks I do typically listen to music sometimes. However when I hit the streets or race time, I got enough going on as it is than to butcher songs in front of a larger crowd haha. 

I don't need earbuds, music just flows through my head while I'm riding. In the dirt I hear a lot of Iggy Pop, on the road it's frequently some instrumental Zappa stuff.

Edit; Dirt riding today, James Gang was playing.

Edited by motovita

IMHO, it's bad idea to listen to music while racing.  You need to be fully aware of who's around you.  Don't be the tool who's unaware of a faster riding coming up from behind because you're jamming to some tunes.

Snowmobile circuit I run, there's a specific rule about not having music/radio/whatever in while racing.

Earplugs are one thing (required for a couple mod classes), but music's a no-go.