Can A 2 Stroker Be More "Trail-able" with a Rekluse?

OK, well all youse are better riders than I for sure.  Im really a newbie. But I'm still wondering about the Rekluse with the 2 strokes. Should make the sudden power surge a bit more tame I'm thinking. 

Look at 250-300 2 strokes for offroad use. If it's a mx bike, a FWW would be a much cheaper option than a Rekluse. A 250+ 2 stroke will have no shortage of low-end power, in fact it will actually have quite a bit more than your wr250f. My 2 strokes have oodles of power off idle and are almost impossible to stall short of locking up the rear wheel.

• Like 2

More people than not like two strokes better when the trail gets tough. That being said the bike needs to be tuned for trails not motocross. I think a rekluse can be a very nice addition to any bike but some people just don't like them. You won't know if you love it or hate it until you try one. Sucks because they aren't cheap.

Edited by motojunkiedan
  • Like 1

Ah, good suggestions. The FWW would tame the high revs a bit and make it just a bit more controllable, yes? 

How about a FWW AND a Rekluse? I was thinking about getting one anyways. 

I'd like to get a 125 though since they're much lighter but if the 250 is better for low end grunt with my 170 rider weight, then that's what I'll get. BUT can the 125 with FWW and Rekluse be made more tame too?  Is it too small an engine for my weight on say, a steep loose, rocky hill while trying not to spin/pin out?

What would be some good 125 or 250 choices? Again, I'd like a 125 if it'll work for my needs.  It needs to be 2002 or older since I'm in CA, and need a green sticker bike.

YZ 125 or 250

CRF125RB/R (are those even available in 2002?)

KTM 200

Or other 4 stroker, preferred

Edited by heavenstrails

Any 250 2t will have the low end grunt you're looking for. 125 2t will require more skill for this kind of riding. A 150 2t would be better. A lot of people love the KTM 200. Light weight like a 125 with similar power to a 250.

A crf 125 is a kids/entry level 4t trail bike. No where near what you are hoping for.

• Like 2

Ah, good suggestions. The FWW would tame the high revs a bit and make it just a bit more controllable, yes?

How about a FWW AND a Rekluse? I was thinking about getting one anyways.

I'd like to get a 125 though since they're much lighter but if the 250 is better for low end grunt with my 170 rider weight, then that's what I'll get. BUT can the 125 with FWW and Rekluse be made more tame too? Is it too small an engine for my weight on say, a steep loose, rocky hill while trying not to spin/pin out?

What would be some good 125 or 250 choices? Again, I'd like a 125 if it'll work for my needs. It needs to be 2002 or older since I'm in CA, and need a green sticker bike.

YZ 125 or 250

98 kx250 has great low mid motor with low first gear. 99 has same motor with TALL first and second gears - awful for slow trails but fixable with tranny swap. Honda 00 cr250 has good motor but not as "trail able" as the KX motor. 99+ yz250 motor has ample low mod too.

No rekluse avail for 125s.

125s are out then.

The KTM 200 sounds good, if I can find a 2002 or older in good shape

CR250 maybe good but not as much low end as others it seems. I found one near me for about $1800. A 2000 bone stock. It looks clean. I'm thinking that may be a bit overpriced for a 15yr old bike. 

Honda make a 150 2t? 2002?

CR250 maybe good but not as much low end as others it seems. I found one near me for about $1800. A 2000 bone stock. It looks clean. I'm thinking that may be a bit overpriced for a 15yr old bike.

Honda make a 150 2t? 2002?

CR 250's vary from year to year. The mid to late 90's 250's had some of the best engines with awesome low end grunt.

There is no CR 150 2t.

my '05 ktm 250exc without rekluse is easier to ride than my xr350r when the trail gets rough, 4Ts tend to flame out if you're not carefull, 2T Enduro bikes just kind of sputter until you give it a little clutch. I personally don't think Rekluse is worth the money, i.e. it doesn't make me any faster. my buddies 2000 something cr250 was painfull to ride up technical hills, it would probably be easier to ride with a Rekluse.

Edited by cynicryder
  • Like 2