First hare scramble

Relax, enjoy, slow and steady, getting used to all the other riders is the biggest adjustment, run in a novice class, hydrate, wait and watch at bottle necks, turn around and go back down instead of struggling to get up a hill. Fresh tires or fresh cuts on knobs, go pro will be funny for you to watch next year because you will be yelling at yourself for all the dumb things you do lol, don't race but ride, don't bleed on others, enjoy

• 3 weeks later...

I've never ridden one but I want to. I'm a new rider and I'm OK with most of the basics. Can someone give me an idea on how to go about getting into a HS? Sorry to sound vague. I just dont want to sign up and end up in the wrong class or do something stupid that bums everyone out, etc etc etc.

Thanks and congrats on your finish!

I've never ridden one but I want to. I'm a new rider and I'm OK with most of the basics. Can someone give me an idea on how to go about getting into a HS? Sorry to sound vague. I just dont want to sign up and end up in the wrong class or do something stupid that bums everyone out, etc etc etc.

Thanks and congrats on your finish!

Go spectate a couple.  Watch other riders.  See how they handle passing guys and guys passing them.