Winterize bike till spring

What the best and easiest way to winterize my bike for the few months I wont be riding? I usually don't do anything other then start he up once every week or so unless we get a deep snow where I cant get to my shed. Maybe empty tank and run her out of gas? or add something to the gas?????

What year bike? If its carb then drain carb and maybe fog the cylinder with some fogging spray from stabil or pull the spark plug and pour about a table spoon of engine oil in the top end and kick her over a few times. FI bikes i normally fog the cylinder as well if its sitting 3+ months and if its pump gas stable would be fine to run through it to sit. I run VP 4.4 so i always drain the tank and remove the fuel line to start it and let it run for a second till it runs out of fuel and store it then.   Also try to store it with the piston at TDC compression stroke to keep tension of the valve springs and the valves will be closed so no air can get in causing condisation. Plus its easier on the valve springs to not sit compressed for 3+ months.

Edited by trvshonda

What year bike? If its carb then drain carb and maybe fog the cylinder with some fogging spray from stabil or pull the spark plug and pour about a table spoon of engine oil in the top end and kick her over a few times. FI bikes i normally fog the cylinder as well if its sitting 3+ months and if its pump gas stable would be fine to run through it to sit. I run VP 4.4 so i always drain the tank and remove the fuel line to start it and let it run for a second till it runs out of fuel and store it then.   Also try to store it with the piston at TDC compression stroke to keep tension of the valve springs and the valves will be closed so no air can get in causing condisation. Plus its easier on the valve springs to not sit compressed for 3+ months.

+1.

I use ethonal free gas and will store mine with Stabil. I add it to the tank and run it for 5 minutes, then drain the carb. never has issues starting in the Spring. Makse sure you open the throtle a couple of times to get the fuel out of the pump.

Edited by stevendavis