47 second video; critique please?

I am FAR from an expert, but since you asked...  🙂

- Be sure you are looking where you want to go, not down at the ground in front of the tire.  This is very important.

- You could probably enter that corner faster, but that will come with practice.  Faster in usually = faster out.

- Be sure to get your inside leg / foot (in this case your right leg / foot) up high and out in front of you - don't just let it dangle off the peg.

- Once you're braking is done as you approach / enter the corner (and this point will vary depending on the corner, your speed, etc), apply throttle smoothly and evenly as you exit; don't blip it and chop it - that will upset your suspension.  With practice, you will be applying throttle earlier and more aggressively.  As Gary Semics would say - you're either on the brakes or on the gas - never coasting 🙂.

• Like 1

Good start..... Hard to turn a bike correctly going that speed.

Your overturning at the exit a bit , use a bit of power and turn a little outward to correct the rear and turn back.

Basically, when you get to speed, you should be crouching on the bike into the turn , using engine braking, sit right before the apex, load the front wheel with your weight on the tank. smoothly get on the gas and exit the corner. The faster you enter the lower the bike should lean.

Some basics to work on.

Hope this helps

Al

Edited by Alkilgore

Alright, thanks for the suggestions guys. I wanted to reply to BLSJDS with this video from Gary Bailey regarding the inside leg. If you go to his mxprofessor YouTube page, you can see another one similar to this here on the topic...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d3G5eXWDfLE

Yes, I am going too slow into that corner for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

Until the apex of the turn keep using your front brake. Its called dragging the front brake, it will help keep your front tire in the rut and set you up for the exit. Hopes this helps.

PS: I learned this from my trainer that has a pro card. So its not something just made up.

The number one thing is you need to be standing more. Entering the video frame you should be standing, staying standing off that little drop thing (you keep hitting it sitting down for some reason?), hitting the bottom flats you STAY standing (your sitting to early), stay standing through braking (it looks like a decreasing radius corner? if so you will be braking more then half way through the corner), sit as you're transitioning from braking to accelerating and accelerate out.

• 1 month later...

That riding spot has been covered in two feet of snow for almost eight weeks now. I'll see if I can get back there and make another one. I could stand up over that last bump, sure, but the rest of that stuff is all smooth, I should not be standing for that corner. I just ordered new fork/shock springs and a longer link, so let's see how it looks with the suspension tuned differently. Give this snow crap at least three weeks to melt from today, I think.

Eff winter. Anybody that knows of riding spots near Buffalo, NY, let me know. I will drive 150 miles this weekend just to get a ride in, I am not kidding.

That riding spot has been covered in two feet of snow for almost eight weeks now. I'll see if I can get back there and make another one. I could stand up over that last bump, sure, but the rest of that stuff is all smooth, I should not be standing for that corner. I just ordered new fork/shock springs and a longer link, so let's see how it looks with the suspension tuned differently. Give this snow crap at least three weeks to melt from today, I think.

Eff winter. Anybody that knows of riding spots near Buffalo, NY, let me know. I will drive 150 miles this weekend just to get a ride in, I am not kidding.

Man I hear ya!  Down here in the Hudson Valley, it's just as brutal.  When is this crap going to melt.....MAY???

Great advise from all. Yah the throttle chopping is bad. It'll jerk you back n forth and use your bakance and body position. Steady on throttle is key. Otherwise your elbows are up and posture looks good. Better than the crap people see me trying to pass off as riding. Lol

Be faster in the corner and keep the throttle still up to the peak of the jump. To be faster in the corner be standing coming in the pull in the clutch and slow down then right when u sit down give throttle keep your leg that's on the side of the berm tight and extend your other leg as you come up to the jump have a neutral position and keep the throttle on till your front will is of the jump and then just control the bike in the air and land