Need advice on the race tech calculator

Im trying to decide what skill level to plug into the calculator. My usual riding group includes a top 5 30+ expert and top 3 40+ expert Xc racer. Aside from the nasty tight single track stuff I am as fast or faster than them. I feel that I am a much faster rider than both until fitness comes into play. What skill level should I use? Any other advice welcome. I ride a 2014 yz450f, weigh 170 Without gear and I am 30.

You're setting a bike up for Offroad? Do you ride Singletrack that's not tight and nasty, or do you consider all singletrack tight and nasty?

By tight and nasty I mean game trail like. Anything less than a 3-4 foot wide trail. I am trying to set the bike up for all around use. I find myself mostly in the woods lately but I also regularly ride dunes and mx

MX, dunes and woods, that's a lot of ground to cover! If you're a pretty fast MX rider, I'd look at settings for Expert MX and when you do end up in the woods, you can back things out a few clicks..

But if you're just looking at springs, I'd think your factory springs are ok for what you do. I'm sure the calculator would recommend softer if you plug in Offroad intermediate or something like that.

Edited by C-P
  • Like 1