Spoke wheels on the Ktm

Is it just me or do the spoke wheels on the KTM are of a higher standard than Japanese counter part off the floor. Typically spokes are an immediate maintenance item with a new bike, after running rim locks on the street and out of balance to some degree, I thought that would have really done a number on loosening spokes, but my ktm's were very tight at the 60 mile mark, I was alittle surprised compared to what Ive normally seen with Japanese counter part, without even riding the bike first.

One thing Id got accustomed to was the lack of spokes over the last several years, maintenance wise. Atleast with the Ktm it was nice not to have any work in that area right off the bat. Do you find the ktm spoke maintenance a non issue, or am I just lucky for now?

Edited by Spud786

Is it just me or do the spoke wheels on the KTM are of a higher standard than Japanese counter part off the floor. Typically spokes are an immediate maintenance item with a new bike, after running rim locks on the street and out of balance to some degree, I thought that would have really done a number on loosening spokes, but my ktm's were very tight at the 60 mile mark, I was alittle surprised compared to what Ive normally seen with Japanese counter part, without even riding the bike first.

One thing Id got accustomed to was the lack of spokes over the last several years, maintenance wise. Atleast with the Ktm it was nice not to have any work in that area right off the bat. Do you find the ktm spoke maintenance a non issue, or am I just lucky for now?

I've got 3300 miles on my '14 500 EXC, and I've never touched the spokes.  I have checked them, and they don't appear to be moving.

My last bike was a DRZ 400.  One difference that I noticed with that bike was that the rim was a lot softer aluminum than the KTM.  I don't know if that makes a difference on spokes or not.  I didn't really own that bike long enough to determine if the spokes were moving or not...

CADman_KS

I put 40,000 miles on a drz and a lot of spoke maintenance and retruing during that time, and I tightened them right off the floor. My Honda motocrossers normally held if you tightened them off the floor, but Ive not had a bike where they where this snug as the KTM, that seems to be a bonus thus far.