Beta Triple Clamps

What are you hoping to achieve? What specific handling issues do you have? Have you tried other less extreme remedies? Are you getting washout/ running wide/ standing up in ruts/ center in or center out problem?

If you want tighter turning, take a link out of the chain, raise the forks in the clamp a lot, put a great front tire on and don't go too wide on the rear tire, crank the pre-load up on the shock, put the bars in the most forward position, get some sag in your forks and be sure the forks collapse somewhat under braking. And most importantly don't sit in the middle of the seat. Scoot forward or stand on corner entry.

Custom clamps are easy to come by from a competent machine shop. I've seen others on the Beta owners website who have tried changing clamps to fit KYB's and it seems some are now retreating from that position.

I'm always wondering what's up when the frame hasn't seen any geometry changes recently and current models do not exhibit any issues, to the contrary there are those that think this is a rare combination of tight turning and stability without headshake compromise.

It's yours so do as you please Dr. Frankenstein.... I just don't like post's inferring an inherent problem  with Beta handling  ?

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Like 1

Hallam

Go onto Beta Boano website they have clamps with many variants

for your bike.

I use 21/19 on my rr300 and kyb forks slip in with no mods on the clamps,

unless you use older yzf250 forks as the top clamp needs to be larger.

I use kyb husky forks as no need to mess with axle size and I run

yzf250 2014 internals.

Hope this helps

?

The two stroke has 20mm clamps.

I have a 14' 250 and 450rr and I find they both turn well, but the 250 craves turns, the 4t seems more neutral.

I also have KYB's on both and won't go back to OC forks any time soon.

It does look like KTM triple clamps would fit but the lock set sticks into the steering head in the opposite side of the stem tapper than KTM, you would need to cut or grind a little inside the steering head to make it fit, I didn't try the Beta stem on the KTM bottom.

Edited by ktm300
  • Like 1

Hallam

Go onto Beta Boano website they have clamps with many variants

for your bike.

I use 21/19 on my rr300 and kyb forks slip in with no mods on the clamps,

unless you use older yzf250 forks as the top clamp needs to be larger.

I use kyb husky forks as no need to mess with axle size and I run

yzf250 2014 internals.

Hope this helps

?

Hi I have had a look at these and they look good, I am too running the KYB tc forks which are night and day better than the the standard Sach units, what did you think of the tighter offset to the handling/turning? Also what difference did you find with the YZF internals? What springs are you running? Sorry for all the questions!

I ran KYBs from an '11 YZ250F on my Beta 300RR with stock 20mm clamps. Lug offset on these is 32mm compared to 35mm on the Zokes (and Sachs). Bike turned very non-linear and was unpredictable in faster turns. Tucked under easily. I have since mounted 23mm clamps to bring the total offset back to stock.

• Like 1

I ran KYBs from an '11 YZ250F on my Beta 300RR with stock 20mm clamps. Lug offset on these is 32mm compared to 35mm on the Zokes (and Sachs). Bike turned very non-linear and was unpredictable in faster turns. Tucked under easily. I have since mounted 23mm clamps to bring the total offset back to stock.

Thanks for your feed back on this I think I will stick with the stock clamps for now and persivere with dialing the suspension in.
  • Like 1

hallam

As for the shit and crap we ride in, I could not feel the change in 1mm off set.

the best part was the rubber mounted bars.

I run .43 kg/mm

As for the yz internals, they just seem plusher.

Hope this helps

What are you hoping to achieve? What specific handling issues do you have? Have you tried other less extreme remedies? Are you getting washout/ running wide/ standing up in ruts/ center in or center out problem?

If you want tighter turning, take a link out of the chain, raise the forks in the clamp a lot, put a great front tire on and don't go too wide on the rear tire, crank the pre-load up on the shock, put the bars in the most forward position, get some sag in your forks and be sure the forks collapse somewhat under braking. And most importantly don't sit in the middle of the seat. Scoot forward or stand on corner entry.

Custom clamps are easy to come by from a competent machine shop. I've seen others on the Beta owners website who have tried changing clamps to fit KYB's and it seems some are now retreating from that position.

I'm always wondering what's up when the frame hasn't seen any geometry changes recently and current models do not exhibit any issues, to the contrary there are those that think this is a rare combination of tight turning and stability without headshake compromise.

It's yours so do as you please Dr. Frankenstein.... I just don't like post's inferring an inherent problem  with Beta handling  ?

I see now that you have changed out your forks to KYB. It looks like Glenn has been the guinea pig on this and I've seen enough of his posts to know he's capable.

hallam

As for the shit and crap we ride in, I could not feel the change in 1mm off set.

I run .43 kg/mm

Hope this helps

hallam

I run .43 kg/mm

Hope this helps

A snowmobile would be my weapon of choice.

I changed to KYBs because replacement Zoke 48 parts are stupid $$ and not necessarily easy to get. I do like the forks performance, although I feel the KYBs are smoother. I agree the stock total offset on the Beta 2stroke is good. A -3mm change from the lug difference is a gross adjustment and caused me some problems. It was not that obvious in slow going technical terrain where I ride locally, but faster more flowing HS courses were a real eye opener. I went back to my worn out Zokes and stock 20s until I got a 23mm Beta lower and a matching upper from Plus One Performance to refit my KYBs (which have the larger 56mm upper OD).

Perhaps this would be less of an issue on the 4stroke with the 23s stock, I don't know I never rode a Beta 4stroke, but -3mm is still a big change. I would personally exhaust other more conservative options first. These bikes are still relatively new and we learn more all the time. One thing is that over 100mm sag is a no no if you want the front to bite with confidence.

• Like 1