GoPro mounts, and warning

Firstly, I'm trying to figure out the best way to mount my GoPro next to a radiator.  I did this in the past on my old YZ and the video comes out really cool, just hoping someone else has already done the homework on how best to do this on a KTM EXC. 

Secondly, beware the Chinese knock off GoPro mounts.  I bought a bag of them for $7 on amazon prime.  They look just like the real thing, complete with 3M tape, but the "3M" tape that comes with them doesn't stick like the 3M tape on the real GoPro mounts.  On my old helmet I hit 2 tree branches with my GoPro and it darn near yanked me off the bike, and the GoPro remained attached.  I got a new helmet and with one of the Chinese mounts glued on just a couple hours prior, here's what happens when you hit a tree branch:

OK I did smack it hard, it hurt my head through the helmet, but the glue strip failed at the imitation GoPro mount plastic. 

So what is the warning here?

I'm not sure I understand what went wrong or what  failed. 

This kind of stuff happens all time.

...you don't stand up into a tree branch when riding either....

...you don't put a go pro on top if you are riding terrain like that.

You put it on the side, or on your chest.

The mount attachement point is supposed to fail in case you hit something.....that is why you NEVER screw the mount down to your helmet.

The warning is that the glue on the Chinese version doesn't stick as well as the original gopro version. The new black camera is $500, don't use the Chinese version if you don't want your camera coming off.

And yes I thought I would remember to duck more. Part of the transitioning from moto back to off road. ?

Edited by sirthumpalot

The warning is that the glue on the Chinese version doesn't stick as well as the original gopro version. The new black camera is $500, don't use the Chinese version if you don't want your camera coming off.

And yes I thought I would remember to duck more. Part of the transitioning from moto back to off road. ?

Yeah, you will never remember to duck, when it counts. 

If it falls off there is a 'find me' feature in the phone app that will make the camera blink it's lights. Ask me how I know.

I tether mine to something on the bike or me depending on where I have it mounted. Usually I have the camera on my chest protector and tether it there.