Red sticker laws in California?

I really want to buy a red sticker bike but in California they don't allow red sticker bikes at parks in the summer. Why do some guys buy red sticker bikes if they can't ride in the summer? Do they ride places red sticker laws aren't enforced? Do they ride private race tracks? Do they just not ride in the summer?

What's the deal with red sticker bikes?

I rode a '99 CR 500 for three years in Cali, never once got even looked at by cops. But I never rode where they hang out: El Mirage, Lucerne Valley, Bowen Ranch Rd in AppleValley, RedMountain, Stoddard Valley, Los Padres Forest.

My bike had a green sticker, but it coulda been red bc I never met cops even once. Stay under the radar, you'll be fine. Unless they have a chopper, they'd never catch me anyway!!

I really want to buy a red sticker bike but in California they don't allow red sticker bikes at parks in the summer. Why do some guys buy red sticker bikes if they can't ride in the summer? Do they ride places red sticker laws aren't enforced? Do they ride private race tracks? Do they just not ride in the summer?

What's the deal with red sticker bikes?

Because girls buy green sticker bikes.

You've already gotten the right answers, but I will add that riding in the desert vs Gorman, Rowher, etc red stricker is okay all year. Further, if you ride with kids, wives, girlfriends, etc and spend time in stage areas you will be subject to LE presence. If you want to ride Gorman in Summer time or Rowher a green sticker might be the way to go. Most riders want to be 100% legit. That's just the way they roll. In my experience, if you break the law you eventually get caught. Buy the bike you want. Ride it where you want to ride it knowing the rules. With cops it's the cat and mouse thing. If you decide to break the law they will try to bust you. If you play the game they leave you alone. They know the difference. It's their job after all.

The law is what is it for a reason.  Because of strict emissions laws, CA now has air that's actually okay to breath.  Remember the grey haze in the '70s when there was no emissions laws? I dont want that again.  Sure motorcycles don't emit as much as a car but all engines contribute. I even got rid of my gas lawn mower and weed trimmer to full electric. 

OMG...  ?  Dirt bikes being restricted from riding around the desert in the summer time had NOTHING to do with that.

It was about massive numbers of polluting American cars and trucks running around the freeway system and coastal refineries and other industry dumping shit into the air every day by the ton for decades.

Some of you feel gooders really need your voting rights REVOKED.   yell.gif

• Like 3

The law is what is it for a reason. Because of strict emissions laws, CA now has air that's actually okay to breath. Remember the grey haze in the '70s when there was no emissions laws? I dont want that again. Sure motorcycles don't emit as much as a car but all engines contribute. I even got rid of my gas lawn mower and weed trimmer to full electric.

What year prius do you drive?