Sell bike for motovan vs pitbike vs keep

I have a 2006 YZ125 that I could sell as it's my 2nd bike, although I love it it needs some work and I could really use the money for other things, like parts for my main bike, and I would like to buy a cheap van to use as a motovan because it's convenient, instead of pulling it on a flat trailer that seems unstable and unsafe for the bike.

I really want a pit bike too, and I need to put some money into my 450, and it could really help. I love the 125, it was my first big bike.

Give me your opinions

Work some overtime and save a few $$.

Forget about a POS pitbike, waste of time and money unless you have a bunch of them and a private track for buddy racing.

Buy a van or toyhauler and P/U.

Fix both of your real bikes or at least keep them rideable.

DON"T sell the 125. You'll regret it.

You're welcome.

• Like 3

I have a 2006 YZ125 that I could sell as it's my 2nd bike, although I love it it needs some work and I could really use the money for other things, like parts for my main bike, and I would like to buy a cheap van to use as a motovan because it's convenient, instead of pulling it on a flat trailer that seems unstable and unsafe for the bike.

I really want a pit bike too, and I need to put some money into my 450, and it could really help. I love the 125, it was my first big bike.

Give me your opinions

Spare bikes are a waste IMHFO. I have two bikes, one for offroad the other setup for moto. I'd sell the 125 and put money into 450. But I don't like 125s anyway I'm biased.

Pit bikes are a fad, I'd steer clear of them.

Rather than have an extra van (extra maintenance, insurance, registration, depreciation, etcetera), consider buying an enclosed trailer to pull with a pickup. Or just using a pickup to haul bikes.

• 3 weeks later...

Spare bikes are a waste IMHFO. I have two bikes, one for offroad the other setup for moto. I'd sell the 125 and put money into 450. But I don't like 125s anyway I'm biased.

Pit bikes are a fad, I'd steer clear of them.

Rather than have an extra van (extra maintenance, insurance, registration, depreciation, etcetera), consider buying an enclosed trailer to pull with a pickup. Or just using a pickup to haul bikes.

pit bikes are not a "fad" my dad and uncles used to ride them and they are still really popular

pit bikes are not a "fad" my dad and uncles used to ride them and they are still really popular

My old neighbor had a pit bike, but the shock was blown.  We went riding some trails by our houses, and lemme tell you that riding a pit bike (which really was fun) got swollowed whole by those whoops!!  Then the rear end started swapping.  It was a hairball experience. 

We went back to the house, I got out my 300 and we blasted the hell out of that area.  Had good fun with it.

What's convenient about having dirt bikes drip gas to the floor of your moto van? Then you get to inhale the fumes all night long while you sleep. Eff that. Pickup truck FTW. Crew cab if you want to sleep in it.

Eff the pit bike. Fix 125 and sell it. Buy 10 year old Japanese 250 smoker for backup bike - more versatile.

• 2 weeks later...