San Diego rental cars

Enterprise car rental did rent cars for mexico, i think they still may rent cars for mexico. They may have some geogaphical restriction, you can call and ask them.

Note that not very many offices rent for mexico, I think the only office in san diego that does is the one at the the airport ( Lindburg Field )

Alamo used to allow travel down to Ensenada.

I know people who have rented cars and just driven them to Mexico against the rental agreement, buying insurance at the border.  Now is a different story as I think all the rental cars have GPS tracking.  

haha. Tim! yes you did, and you made one of the best riding days ever happen for us!

yes, another hike! figured it out, i think!

gonna find a way to tijuana, take a bus to ensenada( mexihonkey said the bus is great) and little Martin has us some wheels figured out. driving to gonzaga bay and gonna finish that hike to Santa Maria! Found the proper trail last may but got caught up in the dark. this time i plan to make it all the way and back. Might have to camp. if Pinchys dont die on me hiking up that mountain then it should be fun. decided that my money was better spent on tacos than a rental car. you dont happen to be headed to ensenada on monday do ya?

• 3 months later...

This ride I went on is probably suited well for someone like Taddy. I have been to both sides now, and after yesterday I can say for sure that no one is riding this trail. For good reasons!

Couple years ago we rode up to the end of Fred hamp road about a mile past the mission. At the time I had no idea where I was. A couple years of research and I think I have it figured out, even hiked many miles of it. Yesterday my buddy and I rode in from the gonzaga side, after multiple bike problems and a bunch of hiking to try and find the right trail, we got within 1 mile of Fred's road, and the sun was on its way down. This is an awesome hike, very tough on foot, but a true beeotch of a dirt bike ride! Hike it befor you would ever consider riding it!

Yea, Larry would have no problem with an xr400. Myself I think a cr500 would be the bike. Saw a big horn sheep, got a ton of pictures of him, but having trouble finding him in the pictures.

Edited by trackmaster

Looking for fish tacos, I ended up with quite a history lesson. All the big boulders on the elcamino real were cleared off with human power for over a 1000 miles. Erosion has really had its way in 300 years

94EA8FF8-3A7C-49B1-814D-D0B435F8BD5B_zps

Edited by trackmaster