06 yz250 winter rebuild!

Hey all! So the back story is... I'm an out of state college student. My bike was supposed to be stored in our warehouse this past fall but didn't have enough room so it got left outside and covered... well she got pretty dirty and nasty. I went from a murdered out look to a clean white and blue look. This is what it looks like now. I have a Clarke white stock tank arriving Monday and am putting my tank graphics on that. I rebuilt her from the ground up essentially these past few weeks. Didn't got into the tranny or bottom end but my clutch does need a new basket. Top end just got a new set of rings. I've got a bunch of pics of the build on my old phone (just got a new one two days ago) and will post those shortly!

1420167106055.jpg

1420167125228.jpg

1420167148968.jpg

1420167168774.jpg

• Like 2

I think if you got a retainer or guide that bolted to your lower pinch bolts it would maintain that pretty well. At either rate, HEL should make it right. I sent them my old lines because they didnt have it pre-built and when i had trouble fitting it the guy called my cell to trouble shoot. Gets my business from now on

I think if you got a retainer or guide that bolted to your lower pinch bolts it would maintain that pretty well. At either rate, HEL should make it right. I sent them my old lines because they didnt have it pre-built and when i had trouble fitting it the guy called my cell to trouble shoot. Gets my business from now on

yeah my guide has been ripped off twice now from battling with trees... but still it wouldn't hold the extra curl at the botto. I'll take pics tomorrow to show you guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Well today was a horrible first serious ride out. Blew a fork seal on the way up from the strapping down I guess. My HEL front line either pulled apart or go cut by my rotor. I landed from a 90 ft table into into a corner and mashed on the brakes only to find the front mot working. I ran off the track with the backs locked up. No harm done. Changed my cable to stock and rode on. Chest protector broke as well. Then had a serious wreck with my brother. Will post vid later. I need a new helmet, maybe bars, new clutch perch, maybe new handguards, and my brand new plastics and graphics are all marred ). Guess they only stay new once right. Currently at the hospital typing this. My brother is banged up more than me. No broken bones for either of us

• Like 1

Damn,looks like you deffo had "one of those day's" at least nobody got hurt bad so that's good news i spose.hope your next outing goes a bit better!

it was one of those days for my entire family! My brother caught the house on fire plasma cutting in the garage. My mom bought a wrong plane ticket for my dad to come from the british Virgin islands so had to get that changed, which was about a grand. And I have about 600-800 bucks in damage on my. Bike. My brothers bike is just fine -_-

it was one of those days for my entire family! My brother caught the house on fire plasma cutting in the garage. My mom bought a wrong plane ticket for my dad to come from the british Virgin islands so had to get that changed, which was about a grand. And I have about 600-800 bucks in damage on my. Bike. My brothers bike is just fine -_-

Oh well,on the brightside,you probably used up your fair share of bad luck for a while,and at least nobody trod in any dogshit! Or Did they?

Lol!

• Like 1

shoot I'm a lousy C rider. Last time I checked I was a D rider. Only been riding mx for about 4 months last summer, then was at college this fall/winter. My cornering and technical aspects of riding are quite rusty

Still, much better than me lol. As I said, the CR was my first bike since I was 17, 23 years ago. Honestly, I thought I'd pick up where I left off. Not even close. Took me a lil while to quit watching directly in front of the front tire, for rocks, etc. Just as I was getting better, more confident, I had a rock almost wash the front end out. Scared me, and I started over again lol. I'll never be as good as I was ( Not that I was great ) but I think it'll be because now I have fear.