Kickstart Knuckle Compatibility

My 06 YZ250 busted the kick start shaft and took out the inner case as well.  Got an 01 case and in process of getting shaft assembly and kick start lever to do the upgrade to a 22mm kickstart shaft. I found that the splined knuckle itself for an 01 YZ250 could be bought for $40 brand new. In looking at the options it occured to me that I may be able to buy a new 01 knuckle and put my 06 kick start lever on it.  Does anyone know if the 06 YZ250 lever is compatible with the 22mm 01 YZ250 Knuckle?  The compatible used kick start levers on fleabay are running $60-$120 right now. 

Here is the part number for the 2001 YZ250 knuckle (AKA Kick Crank Boss)

18 BOSS,KICK CRANK (5MW1)
3SP-15621-02-00 1 $61.99 $41.28

The later model kick start will not fit the 01 knuckle as the 01 knuckle a larger diameter.

A complete knuckle and kickstart of a 426/450 will work. Check other threads on TT

I understand the later knuckles have a larger diameter kick start shaft hole.  But is the hole that the kick start lever fits into also larger?  Just to be clear, I'm talk about using my 06 kick start lever, taking the 22mm knuckle off of it and replacing it with the 01 knuckle.

I understand the later knuckles have a larger diameter kick start shaft hole.  But is the hole that the kick start lever fits into also larger?  Just to be clear, I'm talk about using my 06 kick start lever, taking the 22mm knuckle off of it and replacing it with the 01 knuckle.

I made a typo, I want to know if I can take the 18mm knuckle off my 06 kick start lever and put the 22mm 01 knuckle on it.

Please refer previous post.