Kx125 2t increase cc without over bore?

I have a 2007 kx125 that I bought around 6 months ago, I have since done the top end new piston ect,

When I had it apart I noticed it has a hot rods connecting rod, the only thing on it beside the brand name is CK140,

I've search and search and I can not find anything for that part number and a kawi,

I measured the stroke of the engine and it should b 54mm bore and 54.5mm stroke which calculates to 124.8cc

The bore is still 54mm as that's the piston kit I bought (vertex size c, 53.97mm) but the stroke is 63mm from memory I forgot to write it down, so, 54x54x63x0.7854 = 144cc

Does anyone know of this is possible to do? I've looked but carnt find much info on stroker cranks,

Thanks

• Like 1

Cannot see a 125 being able to acommodate 9mm extra stroke as the rod would hit the crank cases, most I would think possible is 3mm, Also if its stroked the jugs going to have to have a spacer fitted below to account for the extra throw. Has yours got this ??? I would be inclined to to go measure it again but maybe use glasses this time

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 1/3/2015 at 5:45 AM, R60STE said:

I have a 2007 kx125 that I bought around 6 months ago, I have since done the top end new piston ect,

When I had it apart I noticed it has a hot rods connecting rod, the only thing on it beside the brand name is CK140,

I've search and search and I can not find anything for that part number and a kawi,

I measured the stroke of the engine and it should b 54mm bore and 54.5mm stroke which calculates to 124.8cc

The bore is still 54mm as that's the piston kit I bought (vertex size c, 53.97mm) but the stroke is 63mm from memory I forgot to write it down, so, 54x54x63x0.7854 = 144cc

Does anyone know of this is possible to do? I've looked but carnt find much info on stroker cranks,

Thanks

Did you ever find out what the story was with the conrod / striker. Just pulled my97 down to find the same conrod. The piston sits down about 2 mm from the top of the jug. Seems low. 

It may have a later crank or rod.  In 98 they switched from a 106mm rod to a 104mm rod. 

Easy fix is to install a 98-02 cylinder.  This bolts on to any 95-97 bottom end.  You will need to change the power valve linkage as well, and your existing pipe may or may not fit.

• Like 1