Crf 230 Shifting Issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I dropped mine fairly hard into some huge rocks. It bent the shift lever up badly, and carved a big groove in the side cover.

I replaced the stock plastic bash plate with a wider aluminum one, and got a new shift lever with a folding tip. The tip only solves some crashes, the wider bash plate solves some more, and I'm sure that some crashes will still screw the pooch.

• Like 1

Yeah, I dropped mine fairly hard into some huge rocks. It bent the shift lever up badly, and carved a big groove in the side cover.

I replaced the stock plastic bash plate with a wider aluminum one, and got a new shift lever with a folding tip. The tip only solves some crashes, the wider bash plate solves some more, and I'm sure that some crashes will still screw the pooch.

Who needs to shift with that awesome Frank Nye engine anyhow???

I am looking forward to hearing more about that engine when the weather warms up...

Edited by VortecCPI
  • Like 1

Who needs to shift with that awesome Frank Nye engine anyhow???

I am looking forward to hearing more about that engine when the weather warms up...

Oh Paul, don't be silly. You cannot start out in sixth gear no matter who builds the engine... Lol

• Like 1