1989 cr250 clutch problems

So ive been rebuilding my bike and I just put the clutch all back together and pulled on the lifter the clutch cable goes to and it didnt do anything at all so I took the front piece off and pulled the lever and the piece that pushes the pressure plate moves but just slightly. I have no idea why its not operating correctly so any help is greatly appreciated.

So ive been rebuilding my bike and I just put the clutch all back together and pulled on the lifter the clutch cable goes to and it didnt do anything at all so I took the front piece off and pulled the lever and the piece that pushes the pressure plate moves but just slightly. I have no idea why its not operating correctly so any help is greatly appreciated.

Since your bike is older and has been sitting while being rebuilt the clutch plates are probably stuck together this happend to my cr80 and I unstuck the plates and lightly sanded the metal plates and it worked itl have some drag cold but once you unstick the plates and put some fresh oil and warm it up it should be all good

Okay thanks!

No problem iv been through about everything thing clutch wise on my cr80 so if it keeps having issues let me know and I'll probably have some other options to check but the clutch plates being stuck are the #1 cause after sitting a long period of time especially if it was working before the rebuild.