Dirt bike Kick-starter Sticks

When I kick over my Suzuki  Drz125L the kick-starter 80% of the time will stick down after starting and I'll have to use the tip of my boot and pull it back up. It only does it when its started it won't stick down if you kick it over and it doesn't start. I'm guessing it's the spring down "in there" do not really know the name for the area where the spring and all that is. If anyone has any idea why it does this and how to go about fixing it tell me please, cause I know it can't be good for it to stick down like that even though its only a second or two those seconds add up for sure, and it can only be getting worse every time it happens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have had the same problem before and it was because my peg mount got bent inward and the kickstarter was getting wedged in there (area with red circle)

joW2kQn.jpg

Maybe that's what is going on with your bike

Hey man sorry I haven't been on in a while. I just went to the garage and checked the pegs out, and sure enough thats what the problem is. How did you go about fixing this? Did you just beat on it with a hammer until it bent back enough, or did you heat it up then bend it back, or did you go out and buy new ones and if you did buy new ones what kind did you buy, and did they come with the mounting brackets?

Hey man sorry I haven't been on in a while. I just went to the garage and checked the pegs out, and sure enough thats what the problem is. How did you go about fixing this? Did you just beat on it with a hammer until it bent back enough, or did you heat it up then bend it back, or did you go out and buy new ones and if you did buy new ones what kind did you buy, and did they come with the mounting brackets?

I noticed it out on the trail and just kicked it back really hard. Problem solved! 😛 I would say taking it off and using a vice and heat would be a better idea though.

I noticed it out on the trail and just kicked it back really hard. Problem solved! 😛 I would say taking it off and using a vice and heat would be a better idea though.

Well, I decided to just take it off and clamp the back part where it  starts to bend leaving half sticking out ,so I could hit it with a mallet, in the vise. Was hoping I wouldn't have to get the torch out if I just gave it a couple good hits and sure enough I did just that I hit it couple times bent it what I hopped would be enough and then put it back on to see if it fixed it and it did  👍  😉. So thanks for helping me out.