01 rm 125 gbox oil

Hey new to this, I'd been told to put Fuchs light gear box oil into my rm 125 as gearbox oil but it hasn't gone right since. Is this because I've run wrong oil or underlying problem.

Noob

Being in New Zeeland and that this is mostly an American web site (but not completely) most people here have no idea of what "Fuchs" oil is (me included).  My only advise is to talk to your local motorcycle dealership and see what they recommend for a 2 stroke transmission oil.  And then buy a quart (ummm ..."liter") from them and try it out.

• Like 1

Hey new to this, I'd been told to put Fuchs light gear box oil into my rm 125 as gearbox oil but it hasn't gone right since. Is this because I've run wrong oil or underlying problem.

Noob

Does the clutch seem slip or something else?

Always ran Bel-Ray gear saver 80w in 125's, never had any problems. Is Fuchs Silkolene now, used some of it long time ago, like air filter oil, fork oil and such.

I had trans fluid in it and it was good as gold. Seems to slip in 3rd and up when giving it to it. I'll change the oil and see if it keeps doing it. Talked to the Suzuki dealer and he said was to thin and that he uses four stroke motor oil for a smaller bike? and gave me 1liter of motul 4 stroke engine oil, I think its 10w 30.

• 2 weeks later...

I had trans fluid in it and it was good as gold. Seems to slip in 3rd and up when giving it to it. I'll change the oil and see if it keeps doing it. Talked to the Suzuki dealer and he said was to thin and that he uses four stroke motor oil for a smaller bike? and gave me 1liter of motul 4 stroke engine oil, I think its 10w 30.

I would advise using oil designed/made for motorcycles. Whether it be Motul/Bel-Ray/ect.. They have additives the other oils do not have.

• 3 months later...