New handlebars

I like the Carmichael bend. I feel that it encourages a elbow high position and generally puts me in a better and more aggressive position with good leverage on the bike. I ride mostly MX but they still feel comfortable to me on the occasional trail ride.

Unfortunately, bar preference is an individual feel thing and you have to try a couple different bends over the years and spend a little time trying different settings in your clamps.

All in all though I've only ever had one set of bars that I absolutely hated and couldn't adjust to. That was the MX race bend Chub from Tusk. Turns out it was a CR low bend and it put way too much strain on my wrists.

you have to figure those signature bars were made for a rider of a certain size , try to use a bar made for a rider close to your size , we tried windhames , they were ok , then tried reed bend my son really likes that bend on the kx's, you will probably get as many prefrences as there are bars bends LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm looking for a change too and can't figure out what to get.

I'm 6' and standing up the stock bars feel uncomfortable; now since I'm a novice to dirt riding I can't really figure out if it's uncomfortable because the bars are too low or too high or swept back a bit too much. Even in the attack position it seems my arms tire out due to the bar design/height but it could be a bad riding position too. So anyone of my height, what worked for you?

I don't have the luxury of trying out many bars as I'm in India and have to order everything from abroad. So I have one shot at finding the right one.

Please advise guys.

Edit: All my riding is purely MX

Edited by IndianFighter