New to dirtbikes [Help me pick a learner bike]

So I'm 19 now and always wanted a dirt bike but have never ridden one and no clue what to get to learn on + have some fun just messing around on some trails. I'm 6'3" and 200lbs what bike would be good for me?

ideally wanna spend 1500 at max for a first bike.

Edited by Edddy

Do you have any friends that ride? If you do , maybe ask them to try their bikes. See what feels the best. There are alot of difference in the type of bike you buy as well. A crf 250 r will do great on a trail or track , how ever a , crf 230 or an xr 250 will do great on a trail , but not so great on a track.  There is also a huge difference in the type of power they make , if you get an mx bike , it will make very crisp power where the trail versions do not deliver quite as much punch. The gearing is completely different. The maintenance is very different as well. 

I would buy the type of bike that would compliment the type of riding you would like to work into. If you wanna learn on trails, then ride track , get a mx bike (crf 250r and so on)

or if you wanna stick to trails , get a trail bike (xr250, 400, etc) If you plan on riding both, get an mx bike.

Do you have any friends that ride? If you do , maybe ask them to try their bikes. See what feels the best. There are alot of difference in the type of bike you buy as well. A crf 250 r will do great on a trail or track , how ever a , crf 230 or an xr 250 will do great on a trail , but not so great on a track.  There is also a huge difference in the type of power they make , if you get an mx bike , it will make very crisp power where the trail versions do not deliver quite as much punch. The gearing is completely different. The maintenance is very different as well. 

I would buy the type of bike that would compliment the type of riding you would like to work into. If you wanna learn on trails, then ride track , get a mx bike (crf 250r and so on)

or if you wanna stick to trails , get a trail bike (xr250, 400, etc) If you plan on riding both, get an mx bike.

I know 2 people who ride but they have 600cc bikes, Hoping to talk to them soon about it. Seems like a lot of power though so kinda nervous of wrecking their bike if they let me try.
Edited by Edddy

In the 1500 range for trail only get a kdx 200 or if you want to ride track too get a yz125. Find a friend that knows bikes to go with you to buy your first bike. Stay away from the mx 250f's at you price range it will be a ticking time bomb.

Edited by motojunkiedan