Has anyone here tried PSF forks on a 02-07 CR250R?

Has anyone on here put PSF forks on a 02-07 CR125/250? I am considering buying a set for my 02 CR250R project bike. I really want some SFF air forks from the 2015 CRF250R but they are pricey at the moment.

How do the PSF forks compare to the 47mm showa twin chamber forks?

• Like 1

i have a friend who is over 220, and wants to part with some 2014 crf psf's. i think it would be a very good swap. personally, i've always wanted to see how light i could get a 08-L yz 125. but on the cr250 swap, i think that the front end would feel very responsive, and of corse lighter. with the lack of engine braking, and weight of the 4 strokes, i feel the psf's would be in the "sweet spot" more on a two stroke platform. 

i've been trying to get my friend to get the spring kyb's for the crf. several others have had great luck with that swap. 

i prefer the honda psf's over the kawi's from 14. the reason; the lower lugs are beefier on the honda than the kawasaki. the internals, can be reworked, so that isn't a concern.

i also prefer the standard fork tubes which can be polished out, rather than the dlc coated units.  

hopefully, we'll get one going soon here, as the two strokes are very desirable.

What is your reasoning for saying SFF Spring or the TC47 would be better than the PSF?

Considering I take your advice...id like try a SFF spring fork on my CR250R. Which bike would I get SFF spring forks from...the KX250F? What about fork lugs...are they compatible with the honda fork guards, brakes and front wheel?

What is your reasoning for saying SFF Spring or the TC47 would be better than the PSF?

Considering I take your advice...id like try a SFF spring fork on my CR250R. Which bike would I get SFF spring forks from...the KX250F? What about fork lugs...are they compatible with the honda fork guards, brakes and front wheel?

KXF250 or RMZ250/450 13/14

If you already have the Honda CR250, then the 47MM twin chambers are pretty good forks.

My CR250R is a project bike, and being lightweight is one of my goals for this bike. So that is one of the reasons I wanted to pursue the PSF forks. Ideally, I'd love a set of the SFF air forks, but that's about double what I can get a set of PSF forks for.

I may be interested in SFF spring forks. Are they lighter than the 47TC forks? If so, by about how much? My only concern with the SFF spring forks from a Kawi is the fork lugs being compatible with the Honda brakes, front wheel and fork guards.

The sff 47mm, or the later 48mm are not that much lighter than tc showas. I like the psf idea because of a lighter, non engine-breaking two stroke. I think the psf could excel on that machine. But, the sff is very good. Hell, wait a year there may be a ton of sff tac forks on market.

• Like 1

I put a set of crf450r 13 or 14 kyb psf forks on a 01 cr250. They were crazy light! When I first picked them up I was like holy crap!

I had my stock triples bored out to accomadate them. I already had a newer front axle and front brake caliper mount. Everything else bolts up. I liked the forks alot. The harder I rode the better the forks worked which allowed me to push myself.

I put a set of crf450r 13 or 14 kyb psf forks on a 01 cr250. They were crazy light! When I first picked them up I was like holy crap!

I had my stock triples bored out to accomadate them. I already had a newer front axle and front brake caliper mount. Everything else bolts up. I liked the forks alot. The harder I rode the better the forks worked which allowed me to push myself.

I am looking at PSF2 forks for mine. I was thinking of picking up some 2013 CRF250R clamps to do my swap. Will I also need a new front axle from 2015 crf450r to do the swap? What about front wheel and wheel spacers?

Thanks!

I am looking at PSF2 forks for mine. I was thinking of picking up some 2013 CRF250R clamps to do my swap. Will I also need a new front axle from 2015 crf450r to do the swap? What about front wheel and wheel spacers?

Thanks!

The PSF I is the much better fork.

• Like 1

The PSF II is a open chamber fork (with the benefits and drawbacks of this design...) and its lacking basevalve valve bleed adjustments, which is a big drawback in my opinion.

All the fast AMA guys are using the PSF I, too.

• Like 1