2006 RM250 bottom end rebuild.

Greetings folks! I was taking the cylinder off to send out for replating and upon inspection of the crankshaft, i noticed that there is some play in the rod, excessive side to side and some up and down. I guess good thing I caught it early. After doing some research, looks like the most preferred method is to send it for rebuild rather then buying a complete hot rods. I have a few questions about this:

1. Where should I send it out to? I'm thinking of sending it to Eric Gorr, but have not heard anything about his work on cranks. I know he is great with Cylinders, so I was thinking that he would probably do a great job on the crank too.

2. Would ProX rod rebuild kit be good quality?

3. Are the hot rods main bearings and seals quality or should I pay double for the OEM?

4. Also, is there anything I should Inspect/replace in the transmission?

Thank you!

I would suggest rebuilding your OEM crank with new OEM parts before getting a hot rod crank. If you search on here there are several negative comments about hot rods longevity. Also these 250s are notorious for working much better with OEM parts. 

I had my 2004 rm 250 oem crank rebuilt at Millennium Technologies (link below.) It is at 75 hours now with zero troubles. I actually had Eric Gorr do a top end port job while my motor was down. The bike rips. No bad experience for me. 

http://www.mt-llc.com/crankService.php

Hope that helps. 

Thanks for the replies guys! I spoke to Eric today and I will be sending him the crank for rebuild with a ProX kit, along with my cylinder for replating. Seems to be a small percentage of people not happy with Hot Rods crank, and with my luck I will probably fall into that percentage.