Best suspension revalve shop(s)

I'm looking to send the suspension to get revalved for an 08 CRF450R. Trying to find best shops without spending over $1,000. Thanks.

Edit: also, I live in southeast, so the closer the better I suppose

Edited by jcross312

I'm looking to send the suspension to get revalved for an 08 CRF450R. Trying to find best shops without spending over $1,000. Thanks.

Edit: also, I live in southeast, so the closer the better I suppose

What type use? What rider level? Have you exhausted ALL the adjustments outlined in your owners manual? Is every bearing clean and re-greased? Springs right? After you have done all this you may find you have saved a lot of money.

Ive considered diy. And have completely rebuilt forks and shock on an 06 I had. It made my head hurt. Lol.

Ive always heard how a revalve is best money spent on a bike?. Although, I will not argue with saving some money. But I want it to work well also.

No, I got the point. The suspension has 100 hours on it. It needs to be at least rebuilt. While ive got it off ill regrease the linkage. It also probably needs new springs. I weigh 220 without gear. Gonna try to loose weight though. I could be back to sub 200 in a few months (hopefully). Im a fast C rider, slow B rider. Either/Or. So I probably could benefit from a revalved suspension. They say the better you are the more a revalve helps. So, I need work done on my suspension, not just adjustments. Thanks though.

JC,

I suggest sending your forks, damper, and rear shock to Factory Connection and let them completely rebuild and revalve your suspension. They have shops on the East and West Coast.. I've used both.. 

I've tried rebuilding my own forks/shocks, but honestly I don't have all the special tools nor experience required to do the job right. Last, I don't have the time or patience when it comes to suspension work.. 

FC does great work, they can do the work and have your suspension back to you in a few days, and they guarantee their work. The will re-valve your suspension specifically to your weight and intended application, i.e., mx, desert, woods, trails, etc.. 

I'm not trying to sell you on FC.. but they do good quality work, at a fair price, and guarantee their work. If you don't like the valving, you can send the suspension back and they will re-valve it again at no cost.. 

There's lot's of guys out there that can do the  work. I personally like to use FC as that's what they specialize in.. and do best.  

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers.

No, I got the point. The suspension has 100 hours on it. It needs to be at least rebuilt. While ive got it off ill regrease the linkage. It also probably needs new springs. I weigh 220 without gear. Gonna try to loose weight though. I could be back to sub 200 in a few months (hopefully). Im a fast C rider, slow B rider. Either/Or. So I probably could benefit from a revalved suspension. They say the better you are the more a revalve helps. So, I need work done on my suspension, not just adjustments. Thanks though.

👍  Falcon 1 is giving you some great advice. But I am still adamant about studying your owners manual suspension adj section. You will need it no matter what you do.  Good luck.

Edited by YHGEORGE
  • Like 1

JC,

I suggest sending your forks, damper, and rear shock to Factory Connection and let them completely rebuild and revalve your suspension. They have shops on the East and West Coast.. I've used both..

I've tried rebuilding my own forks/shocks, but honestly I don't have all the special tools nor experience required to do the job right. Last, I don't have the time or patience when it comes to suspension work..

FC does great work, they can do the work and have your suspension back to you in a few days, and they guarantee their work. The will re-valve your suspension specifically to your weight and intended application, i.e., mx, desert, woods, trails, etc..

I'm not trying to sell you on FC.. but they do good quality work, at a fair price, and guarantee their work. If you don't like the valving, you can send the suspension back and they will re-valve it again at no cost..

There's lot's of guys out there that can do the work. I personally like to use FC as that's what they specialize in.. and do best.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers.

He said for under $1000.

FC does great work no doubt, but they sure know how to tack on the extra unneeded expenses.

The 08 definitely needs some internal work unless u are riding maybe arena cross.

He said for under $1000.

FC does great work no doubt, but they sure know how to tack on the extra unneeded expenses.

The 08 definitely needs some internal work unless u are riding maybe arena cross.

Chris,

I just recently sent my suspension to Factory Connection (West Coast) back in Nov, got it all back in early Dec and the total cost was just under 500.00 total.. that included a complete re-build/re-valve, all new parts/seals, fluid, and one new tube that I damaged the last time I tried doing the forks myself. Strictly based on my own personal experience in dealing with FC West Coast, they have never tried to sell me anything "extra or unneeded" as you described. 

They were very professional, knowledgable, and cost effective. It definitely cost more to send a complete suspension to FC than to do it yourself.. but as I stated in a previous post, I don't have all the special tools (which caused damage to one of my internal fork tubes), nor the time and patience. For me personally, I would much rather send my suspension to FC once per year for a complete inspection, rebuild, re-valve, servicing, and tuning. Much quicker, easier, and it comes back properly valved to my exact weight and specific needs, ready to bolt on out of the box, with a warranty.

FC has never tried to sell me on anything I didn't specifically ask them for; and, they have always been top-notch with the quality and customer service in my experience dealing with them.

Cheers 

Chris,

I just recently sent my suspension to Factory Connection (West Coast) back in Nov, got it all back in early Dec and the total cost was just under 500.00 total.. that included a complete re-build/re-valve, all new parts/seals, fluid, and one new tube that I damaged the last time I tried doing the forks myself. Strictly based on my own personal experience in dealing with FC West Coast, they have never tried to sell me anything "extra or unneeded" as you described. 

They were very professional, knowledgable, and cost effective. It definitely cost more to send a complete suspension to FC than to do it yourself.. but as I stated in a previous post, I don't have all the special tools (which caused damage to one of my internal fork tubes), nor the time and patience. For me personally, I would much rather send my suspension to FC once per year for a complete inspection, rebuild, re-valve, servicing, and tuning. Much quicker, easier, and it comes back properly valved to my exact weight and specific needs, ready to bolt on out of the box, with a warranty.

FC has never tried to sell me on anything I didn't specifically ask them for; and, they have always been top-notch with the quality and customer service in my experience dealing with them.

Cheers 

If that price was for just forks I can believe it. If it was for fork, shock, a fork tube, and shipping you must be a support rider.  Looking at the prices on their web page, it doesn't add up. I am not saying the cost is unjustified or exuberant. Suspension setup for you personally is priceless.

$189.95 – Forks Labor only*, $189.95 – Shock Labor only.*

* plus Fluids, std Revalve performance items, wear parts and springs if necessary.

The items below are typically used for performance during a Factory Connection Revalve:

FORK

·         Pressure Springs (KYB/SHOWA)

·         Check Valve Springs (KYB/WP/Offroad)

·         Check Valve Springs (08 CRF’s)

·         Spring Guide Spacer Set (05-07 CRF’s)

·         Spring Guide Spacer Set (10-13 CRF250R)

·         6mm Lock Nut Set (KYB)

SHOCK

·         HS Compression Adj. Spring (KYB/SHOWA)

·         HD Bump Rubber (KYB/SHOWA/WP)

·         Shock Shaft Nut Cover (KYB/SHOWA/WP)

·         Compression Piston Plate (KYB)

·         Rebound Adjuster Housing (02-13 KTM’s w/ PDS)

·         High Speed Spring Seat (11-13 KTM w/Linkage)

Please refer to the website or rider info form for specific applications!

Fork fluids not included – 125cc+ Big Bikes (41mm-52mm Forks)

1.5 quarts @ $17.95 per quart = $26.95

50-100cc / CRF150R Mini Bikes (32mm-37mm Forks)

1.0 quart = $17.95 Shock fluids and nitrogen charge not included. $17.95

Parts are not included – ie Springs, seals, bushings, etc.

Thanks for the answers everybody. Ive heard several people recommend Factory Connection, so I will probably give them a try. Im like Falcon said, I dont have the patience to figure all the internals out. Then you still have to have someone fill the shock with nitrogen. Dont have special tools or the experience to really do it professionally.

Falcon, when you said to send the damper, did you mean the steering damper?

Thanks for the answers everybody. Ive heard several people recommend Factory Connection, so I will probably give them a try. Im like Falcon said, I dont have the patience to figure all the internals out. Then you still have to have someone fill the shock with nitrogen. Dont have special tools or the experience to really do it professionally.

Falcon, when you said to send the damper, did you mean the steering damper?

JC,

Yes Sir..

I send FC my OEM steering damper and they rebuild/re-valve it.. makes a significant difference in the handling. I send my suspension to FC once per year/season for a complete rebuild/re-valve, servicing, etc., they do a great job. Quick turn around time, great quality work. I like the fact that I can bolt it all on out of the box, set/check the race sag, and go.

PS:

Don't forget to spray paint your steering damper bright "Red"... makes your bike handle much better.! 

Cheers my friend.

• Like 1

I am not sure where he is, as i am the other side of the big pond, but having spoken back and forth to Peter Russell of nost suspension that guy seriously knows his game (as do plenty of others) I am sure someone like him will give you a personal level of service beyond guys like FC, he is the guy i would go to if i was in the US. Infact, he is the guy i am going to, just not shipping my stuff to him.

Ok, im getting ready to call FC to schedule, but noticed they have new shops, one in Oklahoma. Their turnaround is 1-2 days whereas the Penn. shop has a 5 day turnaround. Im assuming there must be a reason why one is more popular than the other.?? Plus im assuming the PA shop has more years experience.

I bet when I call though, they will try to direct me to the OK shop, since it's less busy. Im thinking I may need to request the PA shop do it. What do you guys think about that?

Ok, im getting ready to call FC to schedule, but noticed they have new shops, one in Oklahoma. Their turnaround is 1-2 days whereas the Penn. shop has a 5 day turnaround. Im assuming there must be a reason why one is more popular than the other.?? Plus im assuming the PA shop has more years experience.

I bet when I call though, they will try to direct me to the OK shop, since it's less busy. Im thinking I may need to request the PA shop do it. What do you guys think about that?

I'm about 25 minutes from the PA shop and they opened late 2013, but I think the tuners are transplants.  I'm getting ready to take my stuff in soon.

They are accepting online applications from Sept 1, 2014 – January 31, 2015 for support if you race.

Edited by revitup