Cleanest burning 2 cycle oil?

there is no good or bad 2 cycle oil. i use whatever i get as long as the jetting is right u can use anything. i used yamalube since the 80s. what good is a 30 dollar bottle of oil if ur mixing it wrong or ur jetting is off???????. i have 30 yrs of know how. been there done that and everything else. 

Ok I'll probably just run hp2 and concentrate on the jetting this spring, it's winter up here in Michigan and can't really Jet it in the cold accurately

Castor bean oil is one of the best lubricants for this purpose there is.  With that being said it does leave behind some nasty stuff.

Like has already been mentioned there is no substitute for proper jetting and of course you can jet accurately in a cold ambient temp.  It is just as important as jetting in warm ambient temp.  If you are riding it now I suggest you jet it for now.  Search the web (google it) and you will find loads of info.  If you need help from there, just ask.

I'm sure Klotz makes good products but Amsoil Dominator used in the same engine conditions as above

would of most likely produced crud build-up and surface rust too, simply because it is intendent for hot *racing*

conditions and very regular engine tear-downs and inspections.

Unfortunately a lot of folks are impressed with the fancy 'RACING OIL' labels and think it will be great for their bike.

A cleaner burning oil doesn't mean you don't have to re-jet when ambiant conditions require it,

but using an oil with a lower flash point (like Interceptor) will have less chance of spooging when used

in a non-racing application: off-road/trails etc. or if you're not wide-open all the time and will provide

all the wear and rust protection that you need.

Edited by mlatour

And all engines are 1 cycle. There are no 4 cycle or 2 cycle engines. They differ in the number of STROKES per their cycle.

That is a distinction without a difference. 4 cycle is a shortening of the somewhat more proper four-stroke cycle and is commonly understood as such. 

Huh? Do you even know what a cycle is?

I have hit for the cycle, does that count?

I have a Bicycle and a motorcycle.  I think I know what they are?   What.............

1cy·cle

noun \ˈsī-kəl\

: a set of events or actions that happen again and again in the same order : a repeating series of events or actions

: a set of regular and repeated actions that are done

I think one could call a 2 stroke a 2 cycle if they want.

2_zps10ca9944.png

Anything but Klotz 🙂

Please explain!

Edited by kx450f63

Ok I'll probably just run hp2 and concentrate on the jetting this spring, it's winter up here in Michigan and can't really Jet it in the cold accurately

If you want maximum protection, Hp2 is among the best , Ive used it in certain situations where wear is an issue with poor designs, however it is not the cleanest. Overall Yamalube R is cleaner, and works fine with a motor of good design. Ive not used the amsoil, cause everyone who's run it tends to run 100 to 1 rstio and Im just not doing that, but if it works well at lower premix ratios, then I might have tried.