Honda FL400 or FL350

Hey all, not sure if there is much talk on here about Honda FL400 Pilots or FL350 Odessey's, but I was thinking of buying one. Having done a little research already, it seems like folks want $5000+ for a FL400, but you can find good running FL350's for under $2000. My question is... If a guy got a FL350 and dumped say $1500 to $2000 into it, could you make an FL350 better than a FL400 and still be in the black by $1000? Any comments or thoughts are much appreciated.

Edited by Felten

Your suspension is going to suffer on the 350. The trailing arm style front end is not going to compete with the twin A Arm of the FL400.

Thanks for the info. Any idea of what it would cost to convert the trailing arm setup to A arms? I am just trying to figure out if doing all the performance mods to a FL350 is cheaper than buying a FL400. It's very hard to find a FL400 these days that costs less than $5000.

Depends on how much of the fab work you are going to do yourself. The frame and bodywork will need to be modified to accept the arms and in the proper geometry. Then you will need to find knuckles that will fit. If you are going to have someone else do the work you could probably buy at least one fl350 for what I would imagine the cost would be.

Depends on how much of the fab work you are going to do yourself. The frame and bodywork will need to be modified to accept the arms and in the proper geometry. Then you will need to find knuckles that will fit. If you are going to have someone else do the work you could probably buy at least one fl350 for what I would imagine the cost would be.

Yeah, I am not a "faber" or much of a mechanic, so it may not be the best way for me to go.  Wish I could find a good FL400 for under $5000.