07 cr250 vs Crf shock help!

Hi all,

So my shock started to leak today for no reason, it has about 45 hours on it since a full rebuild with all oem parts.

Anyway, I'm going to take it apart and fully inspect it.

Here's my question,

The swing arm and linkage are from a 2007crf250r. The shock I used is from a 2008 crf450. I have the 07crf250 shock (in pieces at the moment)

Should I use the shaft/cake is from the 07crf250?

The 08 450 shock bolted right up and gave me no issues, but I have read on here that the 07crf250 shock is identical (dimension wise) to the 07 cr250 shock.

So which should I run for the correct ride height and performance?

Btw I'm running a 2001 engine in the gen 3 frame fwiw.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1420430917.758237.jpg

The shaft is identical between the crf 250 and cr 250 but the body is slightly different where the piggy back reservoir mounts.

I know because I have a crf250 shaft in my cr250 shock.

Thanks for the reply, so if I swap the crf250 shaft in I will have the correct ride height ?

cr 250 07 shaft.PNGcrf 250 shaft.PNG

Thanks for the reply, so if I swap the crf250 shaft in I will have the correct ride height ?

yes, the lengths are identical....the shafts are identical part numbers as per the above 2 parts diagrams..........the valving shim stack is different, so you'll have to swap your stack over. ive got the standard valve stack diagram if you need it?

📎cr 250 07 shaft.PNG📎crf 250 shaft.PNG

yes, the lengths are identical....the shafts are identical part numbers as per the above 2 parts diagrams..........the valving shim stack is different, so you'll have to swap your stack over. ive got the standard valve stack diagram if you need it?

Thanks man!!

Actually my plan is to use the Factory Connection stack off of the 08 450 shock.

What are your thoughts ?

📎cr 250 07 shaft.PNG📎crf 250 shaft.PNG

Sandy450 can u post that pic you have of the standard shim stack please? It would be good to have when I pull the shock apart in case I don't like the valving the way my bike was set up from the PO..

Thank you!

Sandy450 can u post that pic you have of the standard shim stack please? It would be good to have when I pull the shock apart in case I don't like the valving the way my bike was set up from the PO..

Thank you!

https://thumpertalk.com/topic/1065407-identifying-showa-shock-springs/

Found it!

It was a list of shims from APBT

Cheers