Is this a good deal? 2001 kdx200 for $1,100

do you think I can get away with offering $800, since I am super cheap?

You can run the risk of openly insulting the seller, therefore missing out on a good deal. I like to engage the seller in idle conversation(while going over a machine). I can usually determine the level of "need for cash" and make an offer accordingly.
  • Like 1

As stated already, 1100 is a very good deal. If I were you, I'd just offer him 1K and if he says no, just pay is full asking price.

Is it that good? It's still a 14 year old bike, looks a little beat up, not riding season (probably doesn't matter in SoCal) and KBB values it at $1,200 for excellent condition from a dealer. NADA values it way less (around $600), so that doesn't seem reliable Edited by travisantonissen

Is it that good? It's still a 14 year old bike, looks a little beat up, not riding season (probably doesn't matter in SoCal) and KBB values it at $1,200 for excellent condition from a dealer. NADA values it way less (around $600), so that doesn't seem reliable

I'd ignore KBB or NADA, they don't seem to reflect values that I've see.

Here's some ad's from up in Norcal:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/4825790614.html

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/4826890576.html

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/4825860776.html

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy/4822318172.html

Edited by Sierra_rider

Noice. Took money out of the bank already, so just waiting for the title to come in. Seller said he had to order another from the dmv since he lost it. Hopefully there's no monkey business going on here.

Noice. Took money out of the bank already, so just waiting for the title to come in. Seller said he had to order another from the dmv since he lost it. Hopefully there's no monkey business going on here.

It's a fair price, real nice bike and an excellent choice for you.  A piped KDX is probably gonna scare your pants off with power at first. It's a good, solid off-road bike. Ignore KBB. They have their head up their ass on dirtbike values.

Take note where the seller explicitly states in his ad "no low ballers" that means you with your $800 offer. Be real and keep in the non-insulting offer range with $900 to start and max at $1050. This is taking for granted that the bike passes your inspection and doesn't need much money invested. 

He'd better have a title in hand too, don't bother with it until he does. Make sure to compare the VIN from the title to the VIN on the bike and make sure it matches. 

• Like 1

It's a fair price, real nice bike and an excellent choice for you. A piped KDX is probably gonna scare your pants off with power at first. It's a good, solid off-road bike. Ignore KBB. They have their head up their ass on dirtbike values.

Take note where the seller explicitly states in his ad "no low ballers" that means you with your $800 offer. Be real and keep in the non-insulting offer range with $900 to start and max at $1050. This is taking for granted that the bike passes your inspection and doesn't need much money invested.

He'd better have a title in hand too, don't bother with it until he does. Make sure to compare the VIN from the title to the VIN on the bike and make sure it matches.

^^^^^^^Yes^^^^^^^

It's a fair price, real nice bike and an excellent choice for you. A piped KDX is probably gonna scare your pants off with power at first. It's a good, solid off-road bike. Ignore KBB. They have their head up their ass on dirtbike values.

Take note where the seller explicitly states in his ad "no low ballers" that means you with your $800 offer. Be real and keep in the non-insulting offer range with $900 to start and max at $1050. This is taking for granted that the bike passes your inspection and doesn't need much money invested.

^^^^^^^Yes^^^^^^^