Kx 100 build

I have recently bought two 2015 kx 100 's and one is a practice bike and one is a race bike, my race bike o was wanting to build a full nodded bike and I need some advice about some good brand modifications. Help please.

I*

Are you referring to racing MX or woods?

If MX, then the 100 puts you in the supermini class and given the new 100's are fast, you will need to be well modified to compete at the national level.You need to contact TDC for the mods you'll need to be competitive. 

I also agree with Spencer, being 16 you must be pretty small size to still be on a 100. Most move up to 125's or 250f's at about 14 y/o, on average. But being 16 you are still eligible to run Supermini this year.

I only know a few who have the new mini KX's and I haven't seen them in a while. The MX scene where I live has died off drastically.

But give us some more info on what you're planning to use these bikes for. Also, a practice bike should be built the same as the race bike. The only time there should be a difference is, if you're racing a stock class with one and a modded class with another. But in Supermini, it's Supermini. i.e. limited to 112cc, that's it.

If going for LLAN, you'll need a nationals motor. Skill will only get you so far there. Contact Brent at http://www.tdc2strokeperformance.com/. He will set you up with a winning combo.

Just remember the #1 rule in any type of racing. The guy with the most money wins. Not always true, but definitely plays a factor.

But suspension first, then engine, then a whole lot of seat time.

Good luck! Maybe see ya there this year.

Edited by SAPPERS

I'm 24 5'8" and my toes barely touch the ground on my 250 lol. Couldn't imagine being 14.

LOL

My son started riding the 250 at 13 and racing his 125 same time. He was 5'6". My daughter got her 125 this past summer and she was 13. She's 5'6" now and has the balls of her feet down on all the bikes. Your bike must sit very high.

Btw, something to live by that my grandfather told me many years ago.

If you want it;

Cheap and good, it won't be fast

Cheap and fast, it won't be good

Good and fast, IT WON'T BE CHEAP

Edited by SAPPERS
  • Like 1