Bike fell over, now won't start.

Yesterday my son was riding. Stopped to go in the house (bathroom break). Evidently didn't lean the bike enough and it fell over on the left side while he was inside (approx 10 minutes). After I got off work an hour later, I pulled the plug. It was wet. Put new plug in, still wouldn't start. So, where to go now? Is something saturated maybe? Reeds? I'm going back over this morning. Just hoping to have an idea where to start. Thanks y'all.

Check the kill switxh for damage.

I'll check it but I had fire at the plug wire last night. That's the reason I wondered if something got saturated. I'm just learning but I wondered if the reed valves (V force 3) had maybe gotten saturated or the power valves. If so, it should just be drying them out. Looks like a good reason to pull the air intake and learn some more.

As mentionned perhaps the kill switch is damaged, remove the plug and check for spark at the tip.

Wet plug after being on it's side for a while, if tank petcock was on 'ON' it may have overflowed so much that

despite the overflow tubes, some fuel managed to leak down the carb/inlet/reeds and has filled the crankcase.

Turn the engine so the piston is at the bottom of it's stroke as to uncover the transfer ports and leave the sparkplug

out for a while so some fuel can evaporate. Before putting the plug back in crank it 5-10 times while pressing the killswitch.

Try starting it with no choke at first.

Edited by mlatour

As mentionned perhaps the kill switch is damaged, remove the plug and check for spark at the tip.

Wet plug after being on it's side for a while, if tank petcock was on 'ON' it may have overflowed so much that

despite the overflow tubes, some fuel managed to leak down the carb/inlet/reeds and has filled the crankcase.

Turn the engine so the piston is at the bottom of it's stroke as to uncover the transfer ports and leave the sparkplug

out for a while so some fuel can evaporate. Before putting the plug back in crank it 5-10 times while pressing the killswitch.

Try starting it with no choke at first.

Worked like a charm!! No problem with kill switch. Pulled the plug, put piston at BDC, let it sit for a couple of hours. Checked fire at plug, put it back in, kicked the snot out of it. About the 9th or 10th kick, it fired. Smoked like a train! Warmed it up and rode it for a little while til the smoke cleared up. Doing great! Thanks y'all.

Probably just flooded. Clean plug and a swift kick. My KX is a first kick-start bike cold or warm but if i drop it on a trail and leave it on its bars for a bit it's an absolute bitch to start up again. 

Yes sir. His is too normally. I'm betting he won't do that again ?. Doing fine now tho. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

My friends little brother crashed his kx65 on a trial ride after 20 mins of kicking the decided to tow the bike home, the problem with them was the spark plug, the kill switch got jammed down and the carb was flooded.