ice racing

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sturbridge-Ice-Races/652954604756438

Its almost that time, set up three bikes today and the local ponds are getting close. From what I understand a new class can be is set up for the trail studs, that could be fun for those who don't want to add another set of expensive tires to the race program.
So if you would like to try ice racing you will still need fenders and a tether  just like everyone else. This will be a "with interest class",so bring a few friends and field your own class.

Edited by slideleft

Track looks good, should be plenty thick by Sunday.

I want to hit these up and race this season. Yeah, yeah, I know: I say it every year, but it has to be done. Do I need to put extra-coverage close-tied fenders on my dirt bike, or may I run the stock fenders?

Also, might you have any bolt-on wheel/tire/screw sets that I could rent for the day to try this out? For a 2015 CRF450R, so the 2013+ CRF450R rear hub would be needed. If you only have wheels with the earlier rear hub, I could bring a 2T Service Honda but would much rather bring a 450 for some wide-band oxygen sensor tuning. The racing is much cheaper than the dyno, too.

Edited by Eddie8v

Its a go for Sunday. Fenders are full coverage, must be below the center of the Axel. Any old plastic bike fenders work.
Fredett sells a set for cheep, Slide racing sells what could be the best you can get.
Don't forget your teather as we will be checking them.

Edited by slideleft

• 1 month later...