ebay radiators?

does anyone have any good (or bad) experiences with any of the radiators on eBay?

I'm specifically looking for stock replacement radiators, NON oversize.

These are looking pretty good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Radiator-for-Honda-CRF450X-2005-2006-2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-/140959310520?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACRF450X&hash=item20d1d462b8&vxp=mtr

I have some that look very similar to the ones you posted. I've been extremely happy with mine. The ones I got are slightly oversized. I'd buy them again if that makes any difference to you.

The *only* issue I've had, was when I switched to an IMS 3.2 gas tank. The upper radiator outlet on the left side hit the tank. I could have just heated up the tank and bowed it in, but since I can weld aluminum, I elected to just move the hose outlet. On a stock tank they fit perfectly. Even with that issue, I'd still buy them again.

Edited by yellowdatsun

thanks for the quick replies guys.

I wish the descriptions on eBay were a little clearer. Some mention 30 or 40 percent oversize, some say 2 row, some just say oversize, or nothing at all. Makes it hard to decide what ones to pull the trigger on.

I've been running the GPI Reds for over 2 years on my 250x with their red silicone hoses. They look great and have never had an over heat with them.. No fan either. You will need to trim shrouds just a little bit though.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1420504085.193780.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1420504120.201052.jpg

There is one company in Taiwan making several brands

I have the GPI brand and they are great.

Probably the same.

I have the GPI also, they have worked well, I just needed to slightly round some of the corners of them with a hammer (gently tap repeatedly) so they would stop making contact with my clark tank. The aluminum was thick and soft enough that the rounding wasn't a big deal. 

Got a set of GPI's over a year ago when my stock ones were finally smashed from rock drops. These Chinese puppies are so strong that i no longer run braces (they don't fit anyways).

One thing I remember that when installing I noticed that the outlets were slightly smaller diameter than stock, so hoses did not fit snugly over them.

Normally I would not put Chinese parts on my bike but this one is an exception. I can get the real thing - Fluidyne - for dealer price but suspect they are rebadged GPI

• 3 weeks later...

I am also running GPI radiators on my bike. No issues so far.

One of my worries when I bought them was whether they could bend without breaking open at the seams. A few years and several crashes later I can attest that they can take the occasional beating just fine.

Got a set of GPI's over a year ago when my stock ones were finally smashed from rock drops. These Chinese puppies are so strong that i no longer run braces (they don't fit anyways).

One thing I remember that when installing I noticed that the outlets were slightly smaller diameter than stock, so hoses did not fit snugly over them.

Normally I would not put Chinese parts on my bike but this one is an exception. I can get the real thing - Fluidyne - for dealer price but suspect they are rebadged GPI

Ive had genuine Fluidyne and the gpi ones. While they look very similar in design and size, the Fluidyne ones had much tidier welds and were finished to a higher standard. So I doubt they are rebadged gpis.

• 10 months later...

I just picked up some GPI radiators and a 3.2 IMS tank and have fitment issues. Left radiator is too tall, tank sits on top of it, what do I do? Bike is '05, used to have a Clarke on it and it didn't fit with the larger radiators either. Stock tank fits great. Thought about lowering left radiator by making a bracket, need about 1/2".

Same problem I had with mine and my IMS 3.2. Take pictures and give them dimensions to correct their problem. In my case, they made me a new left side radiator that fit better but not perfect. 

As for the tank, with it empty, use a heat gun to soften the plastic where it hits and mold it to a different shape. Hold this shape until the plastic cools.

Same problem I had with mine and my IMS 3.2. Take pictures and give them dimensions to correct their problem. In my case, they made me a new left side radiator that fit better but not perfect. 

As for the tank, with it empty, use a heat gun to soften the plastic where it hits and mold it to a different shape. Hold this shape until the plastic cools.

I sure hope I don't have to massage the tank like that, ruined my Clarke trying to make it fit, really need a lot more room than that I'm afraid. Thinking about the lowering kit that Krannie used.

I just picked up some GPI radiators and a 3.2 IMS tank and have fitment issues. Left radiator is too tall, tank sits on top of it, what do I do? Bike is '05, used to have a Clarke on it and it didn't fit with the larger radiators either. Stock tank fits great. Thought about lowering left radiator by making a bracket, need about 1/2".

We just use a second set of OEM Honda rubber frame bumpers, installed a few inches above the stock ones. Gives you all the clearance you need.

I also had to shim the tank at front mounting point to create some more clearance because 3.2 tank was rubbing.

I'm on my 2nd set of GPI radiators now, first one got destroyed in Baja, manzanita branch went straight through the left one and right one got smashed on the rock. They are cheaper than braces. 

Thanks all, CRF Doc. got me straightened out, added rubbers on order. I'll shim up the front mount and make it all work as well. Also going to glue a piece of rubber where the tank comes close to the radiator "just in case". Since  already rubbed a hole in the OEM radiator from the Clarke. And I agree about the braces vs. radiator cost, except its hard to get an ebay shipment out on the trail, 100 miles from the truck, but that's what JB weld is for.