92-93 KX250. Will any other year pipes fit?

I have a ratty, abused, '93 KX250 project that I'm trying to get going for as cheaply as possible.  I'm not a cheapskate by nature.  I usually pay the money to do it right but I have a lot of other projects that need the money more and this bike is really just a beater.  Take a look at the picture below.  I bought it for cheap just like you see.  It has a Suzuki 230 Quadsport front end welded onto the KX frame.

It's probably going to be unrideable and stupid but I'm intrigued and I have to try it out before I decide its fate.  It needs a pipe and I have a lead on a cheap pipe from a '94.  FMF lists the same pipe as fitting the 92-93 but a different one for 94.  My question is will the 94 pipe physically fit onto the 93?  I know that sometimes the pipes are different only for tuning reasons and they're dimensionally interchangable.

Again, I'm just looking to get the thing running so that I can take it for a spin.  If anyone here has a cheap pipe for it, shoot me a line.  Thanks.

IMG_0534_zps04a8120b.jpg

Well, I have the airbox and that will take up some of that room.  I'd rather not have to reshape or modify the pipe.  That helps that those years will fit the cylinder but would you happen to know about the frame fit and mounting?  Thanks.

Well, it wasn't free but it was plenty cheap.  I basically bought it for the motor since it seems to be in really good condition.  Good compression, complete, no cracks or abuse to the cases, etc.  I'm working on a plan to put a 250 2-stroke MX engine into a small street bike chassis and I figured that this would be a good motor for it, though it's so bizarre in its present state that I don't want to tear it apart without riding it first.

You guys are absolutely right about the pipe clearance, though.  It didn't occur to me until it was pointed out but the lower frame connection is right smack where the bottom of the pipe needs to be.  Drat.  I guess that's why the existing pipe was chopped off a few inches past the cylinder rather than simply removed.  They were probably going to attempt to change the shape of the pipe before losing interest.

Although I hate to do it I might pull the KX engine out and try to put a 4-stroke of some sort into the frame.  I don't really want to spend the time and money trying to get it going just to take it back apart.  I'd like to keep it together to ride around the yard and swap meets and things like that and the KX motor wouldn't be good for that purpose, anyway. 

I have an assortment of smaller 4-stroke singles and some vintage 2-stroke trail bike motors that might be made to fit.  It's not like I can't continue to cut and weld, right?