The mighty 230 riding with the big boys

Video is a supposed built Suzuki 250 with 57 rear wheel hp. Third try up the hill was a charmer. The only problem was the CRF 230-250 quote mini bike was already at the top. First try. http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y453/snakes2010/th_Suz_zpsymq5gyqk.mp4

This picture shows the other big boy bike line up. Bigboys_zpsec36b326.jpg

• Like 2

We were out one time and encountered a bunch of guys on high-tech bikes waiting at the bottom of a nasty rocky, rooty, slippery hill climb.  The "leader" of their pack was attempting to climb the hill on his very nice Gas Gas bike.  After several attempts, including a few with fast, long starts, he advised his group that the hill could not be climbed so they proceeded around it.  My buddy clicked his CRF230 into second gear and climbed the hill from a dead stop at the bottom.  I then followed right behind him starting out in second gear as well.

The hill was difficult and nasty and required a lot of effort and skill.  The CRF230's smaller size and torquey engine just work great on these types of hill climbs.  It gives us very controllable and predictable power delivery, which keeps the tires gripping and planted and keeps the bike on your line.  Even though the CRF230 is a bit heavy, the low CG makes it feel and maneuver as if it's light.  It just plain works and it works well.

We have surprised a lot of people with these little girlie bikes and they are a lot of fun.  When on the trails and in the woods the CRF230 is a bike that is hard to beat if it is properly set up.

Edited by VortecCPI
  • Like 5

We were out one time and encountered a bunch of guys on high-tech bikes waiting at the bottom of a nasty rocky, rooty, slippery hill climb.  The "leader" of their pack was attempting to climb the hill on his very nice Gas Gas bike.  After several attempts, including a few with fast, long starts, he advised his group that the hill could not be climbed so they proceeded around it.  My buddy clicked his CRF230 into second gear and climbed the hill from a dead stop at the bottom.  I then followed right behind him starting out in second gear as well.

The hill was difficult and nasty and required a lot of effort and skill.  The CRF230's smaller size and torquey engine just work great on these types of hill climbs.  It gives us very controllable and predictable power delivery, which keeps the tires gripping and planted and keeps the bike on your line.  Even though the CRF230 is a bit heavy, the low CG makes it feel and maneuver as if it's light.  It just plain works and it works well.

We have surprised a lot of people with these little girlie bikes and they are a lot of fun.  When on the trails and in the woods the CRF230 is a bike that is hard to beat if it is properly set up.

Like this ride I led on my 230F.http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17956-short-ncounty-ride-done/

Edited by craig hammon
  • Like 1