2015 Husky FE350 S mods

They are pretty dam good right out of the box.

My suggestions

Desmog

TPS reset to .64vdc

Re-gear, I like 14/52 for desert and woods

I put a FMF Q4 on but it really doesnt need it and I cant tell any HP difference

Re-spring suspension for your weight, Race Tech got me set up really nice on springs. I also put in their 5wt shock oil

Its really starting to shine after 15 hours...

• 2 weeks later...

They are pretty dam good right out of the box.

My suggestions

Desmog

TPS reset to .64vdc

Re-gear, I like 14/52 for desert and woods

I put a FMF Q4 on but it really doesnt need it and I cant tell any HP difference

Re-spring suspension for your weight, Race Tech got me set up really nice on springs. I also put in their 5wt shock oil

Its really starting to shine after 15 hours...

Planning on remapping the ecu?

Hard to find somebody close that will do it. Im working with Power Commander to get one that fits.

That has been my experience as well.  Talked to a local dealer about remapping and they danced around the subject and didn't really even want to talk about it.  I can understand their position.  I'd be interested to hear about your progress, keep us posted.

That has been my experience as well.  Talked to a local dealer about remapping and they danced around the subject and didn't really even want to talk about it.  I can understand their position.  I'd be interested to hear about your progress, keep us posted.

Better luck buying a non-S model ECU then having it flashed.

Ordered one, the PC 5 is way more adjustable but they arent interested.

Make sure to NOTE EXACTLY what preset settings they have installed, they don't always match the instructions. I had this happen and believe me the preset settings were much better than the instruction settings.

Im the only one that seems to have done that, most just started playing with numbers and have no clue what was preset, they assume same as instructions.

Edited by Spud786
  • Like 1

Yeah I understand its only fuel and not timing and probably why the tps adjustment Which advances everything works so well with the tuner, with street model U.S. ecu's.

That's where I saw a BIGgest gain. Stock tps setting was a mild improvement using various fuel tuner settings

Now jd jetting says use only the stock tps setting, but I wonder if he ever tested the tps voltage on the bike he dyno'd. It pulled a full 2 horse over the XCw500.

I would verfy what "stock" TPS settings they used since every bike comes with different settings. Most dealers that know these bikes have a "stock" TPS setting at .64. JD people are very knowledgeable and go out of their way to help. I had jetting issues on my Beta and they did testing to figure out my issue then called me back.

Everything Ive gathered. The ktm's are coming anywhere from .58 to .59. stock. I haven't heard a single case where it was above .60 stock , but below .59 definitely creates issues with stock bike.

Ktm's spec for tps is .601 + - .004

Im confirming some settings today on my 2015

Make sure to NOTE EXACTLY what preset settings they have installed, they don't always match the instructions. I had this happen and believe me the preset settings were much better than the instruction settings.

Im the only one that seems to have done that, most just started playing with numbers and have no clue what was preset, they assume same as instructions.

Good advice, thanks!

This will only change the FI not timing which a remap will do. In the past I did it both ways and the reflash/new ecu works much better.

We live in the land of Sun remember, Will have to make do until I haul the bike to one of very few in the state that will remap or make a trip to my folks place in Prescott. 

Maybe I need to start planning that trip now....

This sounds like a way around the problem, how difficult is it to switch ECUs? 

How it was told to me was KTM will not let any dealer reflash a DOT (EXC or FE-S) bike. The new map needs a vin/ECU to connect to so just telling KTM what bike it will be used on wont work. KTM also request no remap for FE models unless you are a "A" rider. They feel average Joe doesn't need it and warranty is thrown out. Other then that it's easy to swap.