Is this guy asking too much?

Not familiar to what local prices are for used bikes in your area, but to me,

paying a little more than average prices for an exceptionaly clean and well maintained 'ready to ride' bike with a bunch of nice extras included

beats paying 3600$ and having to spend 500-700$ in parts in the following months to repair a neglected one.

Edited by mlatour

If his description is honest, to me :

senior ridden : knows how much it costs to repair it and prefers to

avoid mechanical problems rather than pushing his bike to it's limits.

new M404 rear tire : doesn't skimp when buying tire/parts, not a cheap Chinese or econo brand tire

FMF Gnarly pipe, protectors, brushguards, flywheel weight, suspension revalved for woods etc.

All good stuff if you plan on using it has a woods/trail bike, you'll already have a good set-up

and perhaps just need springs rates to adjusted to your weight.

But if you plan on using it mostly on a motocross track (it is an *SX* after all)

most of those parts could be removed and sold, ask him if he still has the stock exhaust pipe.

Edited by mlatour

If his description is honest, to me :

senior ridden : knows how much it costs to repair it and prefers to

avoid mechanical problems rather than pushing his bike to it's limits.

new M404 rear tire : doesn't skimp when buying tire/parts, not a cheap Chinese or econo brand tire

FMF Gnarly pipe, protectors, brushguards, flywheel weight, suspension revalved for woods etc.

All good stuff if you plan on using it has a woods/trail bike, you'll already have a good set-up

and perhaps just need springs rates to adjusted to your weight.

But if you plan on using it mostly on a motocross track (it is an *SX* after all)

most of those parts could be removed and sold, ask him if he still has the stock exhaust pipe.

He said he bought it from an employee at KTM it was a test bike was completely rebuilt. Said he doesnt think it has 20 hours on it He probably only put 3 hours on it it's a fresh top and clutch everything

That means it was 'senior ridden' for only part of it's life, what about the previous owner?

Completely rebuilt is vague, was the engine fully dissassenbled, crank bearing / seals replaced etc. ?

Looks clean, at least worth a closer look and see if he's negociable.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

not a bad price at all....looks clean...

but try and work it down a little, if thats his ASKING price hes prolly likely to take 4k for it...  i just got a 12 300xc for $4400 here and i had 3 guys waiting after me, one was gonna drive from Phoenix to get it too....like 5/6hr drive away....i think its fair asking price

• 3 weeks later...