2015 Suspension Settings

Guys, 

picked up a 2015 450 a couple weeks ago. I've only put an hour on it at an ORV park (no jumps, sand/mud, puddles, 4 wheelers, lame, etc) but I really liked how the bike rode. The bike is totally stock and after checking out this forum I've subscribed to the idea of trying to keep it as stock as possible until getting it dialed in and some hours on it.

Question is, does anyone have any good suspension settings yet?

I've always just done RG3 re-valves to my bikes, set the sag and left it....never adjusted anything.

any pointers on what to click in or out or what to try?

I'm running 105mm sag...anyone had luck with anything else?

FYI, I'm 6'0 180lbs and average Vet rider.

thank you!!

You should be about right for the stock setting for MX and could likely go softer (comp and reb for the woods) and even remove some fork oil (try 20cc) if you're never gonna hit the hard stuff fast and jump if you rarely hit mx tracks. Put a fork tell-tale on one of the legs to see how much stroke you're utilizing, that's a good data gathering tool for suspension tweaks. If you do ride aggressive MX I wouldn't change a thing until you try the bike on a track and with the tell-tale.

Edited by Eddie8v

Everyone's tastes are different, try it stock first with 34 psi and go from there. Here are the stock settings: Tip: the clicker colors do not make sense.

Fork compression (left fork), 12 low speed (blue), 11 high speed (silver).

Fork rebound (right fork), 9 low speed (red), 8 high speed (silver).

Shock, 15 low speed compression (silver), 18 high speed compression (blue) and 4 rebound (red).

Here is what I liked with everything else stock:

Forks, try 34 psi (I ran 35 psi, at the time I was 205 lbs.), 2 clicks softer low speed compression (left fork, blue), 1 click softer high speed compression (left fork, silver).

Standard fork rebound on the right fork. (low speed rebound-red, high speed rebound-silver)

Shock, try at least 2 clicks faster/softer on the rebound (red). 2 clicks softer low speed compression (silver), 1 click softer high speed compression (blue)

Jason

• Like 1

so another question...the guy I bought it from at the dealership is a former local pro and seems to know a lot about bikes. When I inquired about helping me set the sag before i left the dealership he said that it wouldnt matter since the suspension needs to break in. he said he has to put 2 track days on his bike before he sets the sag otherwise it will be all over the place...is this true? it makes me nervous to hit the track, jumps, woops, etc without settting the sag and trying to 'break it in'. i ended up setting it at 105 myself just for reassurance but havent checked since... anyone else ever heard of this?

Edited by dvb441

so another question...the guy I bought it from at the dealership is a former local pro and seems to know a lot about bikes. When I inquired about helping me set the sag before i left the dealership he said that it wouldnt matter since the suspension needs to break in. he said he has to put 2 track days on his bike before he sets the sag otherwise it will be all over the place...is this true? it makes me nervous to hit the track, jumps, woops, etc without settting the sag and trying to 'break it in'. i ended up setting it at 105 myself just for reassurance but havent checked since... anyone else ever heard of this?

No it is not true. You should set the sag immediately after you grease all the bearings including the swingarm. ALL the bearings. Then you can go riding to break it in. Next you should read ALL the owners manual several times. After spending that amt of $$$, why would you not? Unless of course you are a trained Honda tech,,,,,,,,are you?

Edited by YHGEORGE

I disagree. I greased all the bearings and rode it as is from the factory first ride out. As I always do. Took some mental notes. Then checked sag before 2nd day of riding and started adjusting 1 thing at a time.

It's more of a preference than something that is set in stone. I prefer to break in engine and suspension before adjusting.

It's your bike. Do what you are comfortable with.