steering stabilizers

• 1 month later...

The problem is most bigger guys have a stiff shock spring and relatively light fork springs.  When a light rider gets on the bike, the back end is too high and you get head shake.  Set the sag for your weight and it should go away, but you will probably need a lighter shock spring to get the right sag.  A fill-in method is to lower the fork in the triple clamps, making the front ride higher.

Yup, at 120lbs you'll need softer springs...

The problem is most bigger guys have a stiff shock spring and relatively light fork springs. When a light rider gets on the bike, the back end is too high and you get head shake. Set the sag for your weight and it should go away, but you will probably need a lighter shock spring to get the right sag. A fill-in method is to lower the fork in the triple clamps, making the front ride higher.

I'm like 140lbs riding on stock suspension all I did was put the compression down on front and back equally have not ridden with it sense

• 2 weeks later...

I swear by my devol steering stabilizer. Prior to the stabilizer. I had a high speed swap, just heading into some braking bumps a little hot. Ripped the bars right out of my hand. I went over bars and handlebar caught underneath chest protector and broke 3 ribs. Took a while to heel. My steering maybe a little slower now. However I feel safe.

May have something to do with rider habit also (body position) or even arm strength.

Or maybe just has to do with the fact that you're so light weight and riding bikes not setup for you.

Edited by jaguar57