250f on the trail?

I'm buying a new bike soon. I have a two stroke 125, I'm thinking of switching over to the 4 stroke world. I was wondering if a 4 stroke 250 race bike will more low end than my Rm125 on the trail. I was also looking at crf250x's. But I like to ride track for fun too. Is a 250f a good "do it all" bike, and will it be better on the trail?

I'm buying a new bike soon. I have a two stroke 125, I'm thinking of switching over to the 4 stroke world. I was wondering if a 4 stroke 250 race bike will more low end than my Rm125 on the trail. I was also looking at crf250x's. But I like to ride track for fun too. Is a 250f a good "do it all" bike, and will it be better on the trail?

It will be night and day difference. Good luck. You are gonna love it.

Huge difference.  My son's first trail bike was a RM125.  Had a fly wheel weight, but that was it.  He learned a lot on it.  He recently switched to a KLX300 and he is a way better rider having ridden his 125.  He likes it way better for trail riding.

Any four stroke MX'er will tend to overheat if trail riding at too slow a pace.

You'll have to pick, either track or trail as the primary usage and live with a bike inadequacies elswhere.

A KTM 150XC is a good compromise.

I almost purchased one a few years back but decided that a MX track was to be my primary type of riding,

got a YZ125 instead and with a few mods (tires, larger sprocket, flywheel weight) makes for a decent occasional trail bike too.