Bike won't run on the choke!

Ok so it's been pretty cold here in NM. My bike is in the garage but Temps in there are around 40-50 vs outside around 30 and below. It only has 500 miles on it and I have rejected with JD kit with setting of Red Needle 4th Clip, 150MJ, 22.5 PJ and extended fuel screw out 2.5turns out. The bike will just crank without the choke being pulled. I pull the choke all the way and it will start and maybe run for 3-5 seconds and the half choke it will only crank! And suggestions on what I should try next?

Ok so it's been pretty cold here in NM. My bike is in the garage but Temps in there are around 40-50 vs outside around 30 and below. It only has 500 miles on it and I have rejected with JD kit with setting of Red Needle 4th Clip, 150MJ, 22.5 PJ and extended fuel screw out 2.5turns out. The bike will just crank without the choke being pulled. I pull the choke all the way and it will start and maybe run for 3-5 seconds and the half choke it will only crank! And suggestions on what I should try next?

Well if it's pretty cold you're going to have to let the bike warm up for about 90 seconds with the choke on. You can't expect it to start, and then go to half choke and stay running...

I pulled my DRZ out of the garage today and fired her up. It's about 10 degrees here, so I let her run for about 2 minutes with full choke. Then I pushed the choke in and let her run for another couple minutes before turning the key off. Granted I have an FCR carb in my bike. 

Just re read your post though. So you're saying the bike dies after about 5 seconds with the full choke? Try running on prime and not "ON" on your fuel cock. I have trouble starting my bike on "ON" after it's sat for awhile. Usually prime speeds up the process. 

When did this problem start? Was the bike running fine previously or ever since you re-jetted this started to occur?

Well if it's pretty cold you're going to have to let the bike warm up for about 90 seconds with the choke on. You can't expect it to start, and then go to half choke and stay running...

I pulled my DRZ out of the garage today and fired her up. It's about 10 degrees here, so I let her run for about 2 minutes with full choke. Then I pushed the choke in and let her run for another couple minutes before turning the key off. Granted I have an FCR carb in my bike.

Just re read your post though. So you're saying the bike dies after about 5 seconds with the full choke? Try running on prime and not "ON" on your fuel cock. I have trouble starting my bike on "ON" after it's sat for awhile. Usually prime speeds up the process.

When did this problem start? Was the bike running fine previously or ever since you re-jetted this started to occur?

Yes the bike will start with the Choke full out and the stop running after a few seconds. When I first start it on choke the idle speeds up and then after a few seconds it just dies. I've tried the half choke and it does nothing. And honestly I've never need the choke before. It always been pretty warm here up until this winter. I have only ridden it a fee times in the last couple of months.

Yes the bike will start with the Choke full out and the stop running after a few seconds. When I first start it on choke the idle speeds up and then after a few seconds it just dies. I've tried the half choke and it does nothing. And honestly I've never need the choke before. It always been pretty warm here up until this winter. I have only ridden it a fee times in the last couple of months.

Did you try running the bike on prime and not "ON"? It may be an issue with your vacuum line. 

Okay sounds good. Try that to rule out any issues with your vacuum line. Does it sound strong for the 5 seconds that it is running? 

Have you tried giving it a very very little bit of throttle?

How about if you go down a hill and start it while moving?

Try those things and get back. I'm thinking the vacuum line may be your issue if it starts for 5 seconds and then cuts out. You sure you don't have any leaks around the air boots for the carb? Airbox? Air filter clean and secure?

Okay sounds good. Try that to rule out any issues with your vacuum line. Does it sound strong for the 5 seconds that it is running?

Have you tried giving it a very very little bit of throttle?

How about if you go down a hill and start it while moving?

Try those things and get back. I'm thinking the vacuum line may be your issue if it starts for 5 seconds and then cuts out. You sure you don't have any leaks around the air boots for the carb? Airbox? Air filter clean and secure?

No everything is secure and once the bike warms up she is fine. During the initial start up the idle increases and then just quits after that. And my MPG sucks, I just got about 60 miles out of a tank.