Modify kx85/100 for tall rider

Anyone got ideas on best mods to make a kx85 fit a taller rider? Junior is 11 and just reached 160 cm. I want him to stay on 85cc for at least 2015 and 2016 season.

KTM foot pegs are a bit lower and using a higher bend stearing and higher saddle should help. Any other ideas or experience of these mods?

You could get a taller seat. You could also put the kx100 wheels on it. The front is a direct replacement and you can run the forks lower in the triple clamps. For the larger rear wheel you will need the kx100 swingarm, rear brake hose, and longer chain. I would also modify final gearing to match the 85 engine with the larger wheels. I have a taller seat, but shipping to Sweden would probably be expensive. You could probably get all that stuff on ebay for a fairly decent price.

Edited by 351mustanger

My daughter just moved up to a kx100 from a kx85. She is only 5' but was looking for more low end power. I bought her a yz125 but she was a little short for it, and at 93lbs was not quite strong enough to pick it up and start it if she dropped it. I had to sell it and went with the 100.

In October 2013 I could JUST tippy-toe on a non running kx-80 that was given to me as my first bike. Then in March 2014 (we didn't have much time to think about it then we decided to send it in to have it fixed) I got it back running by that time I could quiet comfortably tippy-toe on it, on the 26'th of November I got a KX-125 :D I love the power and height of it, not to mention the reliability!! 🙂