YZ250FX Sweet Vids

So if I buy an FX I can ride like that? 

It's part of the "Blue is True" promo from January 2015 to March 2015. With the purchase of a qualifying model you get an genetically modified injection synthesized from Graham Jarvis's blood. Since Graham isn't riding a Yamaha there will be some restrictions.

• Like 2

Ive been tempted to take a trials class just to learn a fraction of what it takes to make a bike work like that. 

Oh, I can do a fraction of that, it's just never intentional!

Like that slow mo wheelie around trees...  Well, I did something almost identical to it this Saturday, but it ended up with me on my ass.

• Like 1

Compared to my smoker its heavy but you don't notice it when you ride, It is VERY stable don't think it needs a SCOTTS. It is very  planted and soaks up single track trail trash with ease and with a recluse would be a good choice for extreme riding. I am fighting the suspension in big sand whoops and trying to dial it in but I might be outside the limit of the stock springs. Im 210 ready to ride and it has a 5.6 rear and 4.4 fronts. Im getting 105mm rider and about 33mm static out back so perhaps the rear is ok but the front is  blowing thru the 1st half of the stroke for me and I feel im gonna go over the bars at speed thru the whoops.

Im sure ill figure it out with some time but right now I wont race it because I know if I try to go race speed on it I'll get hurt. In Florida we have a lot of big whoops in our races and that's what needs the most improvement.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Compared to my smoker its heavy but you don't notice it when you ride, It is VERY stable don't think it needs a SCOTTS. It is very  planted and soaks up single track trail trash with ease and with a recluse would be a good choice for extreme riding. I am fighting the suspension in big sand whoops and trying to dial it in but I might be outside the limit of the stock springs. Im 210 ready to ride and it has a 5.6 rear and 4.4 fronts. Im getting 105mm rider and about 33mm static out back so perhaps the rear is ok but the front is  blowing thru the 1st half of the stroke for me and I feel im gonna go over the bars at speed thru the whoops.

Im sure ill figure it out with some time but right now I wont race it because I know if I try to go race speed on it I'll get hurt. In Florida we have a lot of big whoops in our races and that's what needs the most improvement.

Glenn would like to know what mods and setup you would do for the GNCC in FL - the Wild Boar race.  Are you doing this?  We are going to try to come down for Bike Week for the off road races.  I know we need to deal with whoops in GNCC.

My son is trying to talk me into getting this instead of a '15 KTM 250 XC (he is on a '13 250 XC now).  Says he wants a thumper.  He would be about 10 lbs lighter than you.  I assume by your numbers you are A or AA?

We race NETRA.   Whoops are not an issue.

Some questions:

What is the gas take mod for quick pits but no dry brake.  The tanks seems tiny at 2.1 gal.

What about guards - radiator, frame, front and rear rotor guards - we are used to using bullet proof.  What other prections are needed?  KTM is known for needing special stuff like the tab protector on the swing arm.  Any cable change outs needed for cluch or throttle.  How about the clutch.

For bars, we will move our Flex bars over.  We also have a GPR4 damper - but may not mount it.

How about the mapper - did you get it?

Thanks in advance for any info

Jeff

Edited by Crash354

Glenn would like to know what mods and setup you would do for the GNCC in FL - the Wild Boar race.  Are you doing this?  We are going to try to come down for Bike Week for the off road races.  I know we need to deal with whoops in GNCC.

My son is trying to talk me into getting this instead of a '15 KTM 250 XC (he is on a '13 250 XC now).  Says he wants a thumper.  He would be about 10 lbs lighter than you.  I assume by your numbers you are A or AA?

We race NETRA.   Whoops are not an issue.

Some questions:

What is the gas take mod for quick pits but no dry brake.  The tanks seems tiny at 2.1 gal.

What about guards - radiator, frame, front and rear rotor guards - we are used to using bullet proof.  What other prections are needed?  KTM is known for needing special stuff like the tab protector on the swing arm.  Any cable change outs needed for cluch or throttle.  How about the clutch.

For bars, we will move our Flex bars over.  We also have a GPR4 damper - but may not mount it.

How about the mapper - did you get it?

Thanks in advance for any info

Jeff

The Rodman plantation is the new venue for the Florida round of the GNCC this year, I've raced this property many times and the GNCC was there last in 2003? One good thing is this venue is far less sandy than the previous locations and the whoops will NOT be awful so a more mainstream bike prep and setup will work. I will caution you that this place can be a handful if we get a lot of rain and typically it rains a lot during bike week so be prepared for sloppy race conditions if the weather spits on us.

I am getting about 45 miles out of the stock tank and currently there is no options for more fuel, the cap and seat nose really don't allow for speedy refills. Brad Baken is racing his FX with the stock tank setup and IMS is working on a bigger tank as we speak, cross your fingers for a release date prior to the race.

I am running the Rekluse core 3.0 EXP and it really helps in the tight ST that does not flow. The guards Im running are the WR skidplate and a WC brake rear cylinder. Cables seem fine, throttle cables could stand to be tucked in abit better to avoid snagging. At this point I have not mounte  Scotts damper, the FX is very stable and planted.

The fork was a problem for me and I resprung it and also revalved . No mapping mods as of yet. Only have 6 hours on the bike as parts have been holding me up and Im still racing my KTM 300.

• Like 1

The Rodman plantation is the new venue for the Florida round of the GNCC this year, I've raced this property many times and the GNCC was there last in 2003? One good thing is this venue is far less sandy than the previous locations and the whoops will NOT be awful so a more mainstream bike prep and setup will work. I will caution you that this place can be a handful if we get a lot of rain and typically it rains a lot during bike week so be prepared for sloppy race conditions if the weather spits on us.

I am getting about 45 miles out of the stock tank and currently there is no options for more fuel, the cap and seat nose really don't allow for speedy refills. Brad Baken is racing his FX with the stock tank setup and IMS is working on a bigger tank as we speak, cross your fingers for a release date prior to the race.

I am running the Rekluse core 3.0 EXP and it really helps in the tight ST that does not flow. The guards Im running are the WR skidplate and a WC brake rear cylinder. Cables seem fine, throttle cables could stand to be tucked in abit better to avoid snagging. At this point I have not mounte  Scotts damper, the FX is very stable and planted.

The fork was a problem for me and I resprung it and also revalved . No mapping mods as of yet. Only have 6 hours on the bike as parts have been holding me up and Im still racing my KTM 300.

What was your valving spec.....since you added spring did you then plush out the valving.   Instead of rekluse I was hoping the remapping would fix that.  Not a fan of rekluse anymore.  Thanks